Author Topic: Factories/installations?  (Read 619 times)

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Factories/installations?
« on: April 18, 2001, 02:01:00 AM »
Can these be captured/change ownership?

I see these installations and often think of bombing them, but I never know if I'll be dropping on my own sides' assets or not...

Short of popping down to see if the ack fires at me, any guidelines?

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Factories/installations?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2001, 04:45:00 AM »
I beleive the assets remain with the original country the whole time. All the way to a reset. If it was an enemy asset before your team/country captured the real estate I feel fairly confident that you can bomb these at will and they don't change ownership.

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Factories/installations?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2001, 06:55:00 AM »
Mark has it right, they don't change ownership and can't be captured. However, thats no reason to ignore them. They do impact the game in several ways.

We all know that if you bomb the HQ, you can knock out a country's Radar. However the HQ rebuild time is tied to how much of the city is destroyed. If the city was flat the radar will be down for 2.5 hours.

Flatten a country's training facility and it can take hours for a troop barracks at a local field to rebuild.

Get snefens maps, they do a great job of showing all strategic targets at a glance.
 http://home14.inet.tele.dk/snefens/maps.html

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Factories/installations?
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2001, 10:42:00 AM »
Thanks for the tips, guys.

It does happen that on my rare buff outings, I'm halfway to an objective, and I overfly one of these things. I've never dropped on one yet due to uncertainty as to which sides' assests I'd be damaging.

Should I indeed drop by mistake on a friendly factory, is there a buff "Killshooter" in effect?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Factories/installations?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2001, 10:49:00 AM »
Seeker, if you drop on friendly installations, no damage is done to you or the facilities.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Factories/installations?
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
they are perk point havens  

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Factories/installations?
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2001, 05:58:00 AM »
Thanks Rip.

I'd been unsure of that!