Author Topic: An Observation  (Read 366 times)

Offline Leayme

• Copper Member
An Observation
« on: December 06, 2004, 11:09:34 PM »
Maybe it is just me, but it really seems that some are looking for a simple first person shooter game with no extraneous elements that will degrade what they see as the only way to play the game.

Get rid of the AI AAA and manned 5 inch guns and the game will be a better place.

Don't allow bombers to take out FH and CV and the game will be a better place.

Don't allow fuel to be knocked back to a point where the Gas hog planes can't be used and the game will be a better place.

The Big maps have the bases to far apart and you have to fly too far to find a Furball, small maps would make this a better place.

Don't allow......

and on and on and on it goes.

Why should we adapt to a situation, it should be changed to accomodate the way "WE" want to fly and those who oppose us are Chicken **** wannabes who lack the B*** to get into a plane and meet us where "WE" want to play.

All that aside,

I think that many of us (generalisation) have chosen to lay down our money at this particualr venue, because certain aspects appealed to us.

Some like to think and play strategically and take the fields one at a time or wholesale.

Others like to bomb and take out towns and Battle Groups.

Some Furball  to the exclusion of all else.

Then you have the Ack bunnies who like to sweep the sky clear of red icons.

There is also the Gv contingents who like to drive around in the weeds to find and try and kill like minded individuals.

All of us have our favorite niche and while we venture into other venues, we return to what we like to do and if we do it enough we become very good.

I find the simple first person shooter video games to be exceedingly boring and repetitive, but here, I can choose to tag along on a strike mission or fly a supply goon or paras to a field about to be taken, I can run a PT boat to attack or defend a fleet or hide in the tall grass and take out enemy GV's, man AA/AAA and pit my skills against the enemy flyer or jump in a fighter to try my hand in a Furball.

Now I am not above taking out the unwary and if they forget to check thier six or fly into range of AA/AAA or drive full speed across the terrain to attack a position, or put a Battle Group in range of a shore battery,why is it wrong to capatilize on thier carelessness?

Perhaps, I should get on channel 200 and warn them first :D

What say you?

Offline Regular

• Nickel Member
An Observation
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 11:30:14 PM »
Welcome to AcesHigh?:)

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
An Observation
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 12:09:26 AM »
Ignor the whinners that act like 5th graders. Do a little of everythihng the game has to offer and enjoy yourself. Or do just 1 thing you like and enjoy yourself. Bottom line; don't let the whinnie brats influence the way you like to play the game. There are alot of different types here. Fly with friends and have fun.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
An Observation
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 08:13:29 AM »
SFCHONDO said it best!

Offline blackfalcon4

• Nickel Member
An Observation
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 06:12:35 PM »