Author Topic: An observation  (Read 533 times)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
An observation
« on: December 07, 2004, 03:17:49 PM »
Invited a bunch of guys over from aviation school to play aces high and hopefully recruit a few wingman. Was interesting to discover how  they had almost no patience when it came to learning. Most gave up after 2 or 3 sorties because they couldnt rocket away into the sky and blast everyone. They seemed to really enjoy the logisitical side of it and the realism however. Also noticed the flying styles took effect instantly. A few grabbed mad alt and were somewhat choosy in fights..others were straight into the furball. Anyway my point is . to all the newbies who stick it out and learn..even if you are a skilless hobag :P

Btw if ya killed me last weekend (shawk seemed to find the newbs every sortie) it wasnt me lol

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Re: An observation
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 03:58:36 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
Invited a bunch of guys over from aviation school to play aces high and hopefully recruit a few wingman. Was interesting to discover how  they had almost no patience when it came to learning. Most gave up after 2 or 3 sorties because they couldnt rocket away into the sky and blast everyone. They seemed to really enjoy the logisitical side of it and the realism however. Also noticed the flying styles took effect instantly. A few grabbed mad alt and were somewhat choosy in fights..others were straight into the furball. Anyway my point is . to all the newbies who stick it out and learn..even if you are a skilless hobag :P

Btw if ya killed me last weekend (shawk seemed to find the newbs every sortie) it wasnt me lol

LOL I didn't think that hurricane flew like you...  was wondering if you were hitting the bottle a little hard or something =)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
An observation
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 04:37:23 PM »
This is very true.  It is funny they all seem to go back to the Death grip and yank and stall as if they forgot how to fly all together.  The nice light touch they have in RL is gone in the sim.  Makes me laugh.  Then they get frustrated and say, it's not my bag.  Pu$$ies.  LOLH.

It takes a lot of patience to get over not having any physical feed back.

Offline acetnt367th

• Copper Member
Re: An observation
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 10:40:25 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo

it wasnt me  

Jax's famous last words :D :D :D

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
An observation
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 11:08:53 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
This is very true.  It is funny they all seem to go back to the Death grip and yank and stall as if they forgot how to fly all together.  The nice light touch they have in RL is gone in the sim.  Makes me laugh.  Then they get frustrated and say, it's not my bag.  Pu$$ies.  LOLH.

It takes a lot of patience to get over not having any physical feed back.

You hit the nail right on the head....as a former RL fighter pilot, the hardest thing to overcome when flying in here is the total loss of that "seat of the pants" feel.  Your plane talks to you when you are flying it on the edge....in here, that doesn't happen.  I can see how some with flying experience could/will get frustrated without that.
Duke

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
An observation
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 02:37:12 PM »
Lucky Bastidge Duke!

What/when did you fly?  If you don't mind me asking.

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
An observation
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 11:50:58 AM »
Mars, sorry for the late reply.

I was a Naval pilot, and started training in feb of 98.  Flew T-34C, T-2C, T-45C and was selected to fly the F-14B.  Had almost 400 hours total with around 100 in the Tomcat.  Unfortunately, never made it out of the Tomcat RAG (VF-101).  I DQ'd during the night carrier qual portion of our training (last thing you do before entering a fleet squadron, already completing A/A, and A/G training) and lost the ride.  My last flight was May 2002.

I have no regrets, flying the Tom was the best experience of my life....just wish it had lasted a little longer.  :)
Duke

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
An observation
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 12:34:35 PM »
Wow, great planes!!!   Flying f14 must have rocked!!

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
An observation
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 11:59:18 PM »
Depending on what you were doing...almost....almost better than sex :D
Duke

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
An observation
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 12:48:35 AM »
If it was almost better, you weren't flying it right :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
An observation
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 11:17:10 AM »
Originally posted by 1Duke1
Depending on what you were doing...almost....almost better than sex :D

or or depending on 'who' you're doing....... :lol
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.