Author Topic: question about BF-109G-10  (Read 1165 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
question about BF-109G-10
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2003, 01:25:26 PM »
My suggestion regarding the G-10 is simple...leave it in the hanger. It's easily the worst 109 in the game, yes it's faster and it climbs a bit better...but the airframe really doesn't allow you to utilize the extra speed to maximum advantage. The G-6 offers almost equal speed, climb & acceleration (slide rule guys will argue this) combined with better handling.

The current CT setup greatly favors the allies (IMO) since I alwaysfly the low # side I'm in the luftwabble junk a bit to much this week. I'm 2-3 in the 109 G10 and 10-6 in the 109 G-6. I only recall losing 1 " 1 vs 1" in 109...but easily have been hammered by the 2nd or 3rd spit XIV in the G10. In the G6 I've got much better survivability...I'm still getting waxed...but it's a tougher plane to kill. On the other hand I'm 8-2 in SpitXIV.

I'm a purely mediocre stick, obviously #'s and "luck of the draw" with regard to alt & E state when you meet a bogie come into play....but overall the G-6 is a much more versital ride....IMO.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2003, 02:02:07 PM »
and remember the golden rule:

If you see a P-38, RUN. Land. Brag to the sheep that you survived an encounter with one.

:D

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2003, 02:31:25 PM »
One thing I've started doing in the G-10 (when I do not bring gondolas) is to use the MG's for long-range shots (d600 or more) or shots where the target is maneuvering quickly and I only have a fraction of a second to shoot (snapshots).  I use only cannon for the close-in shots (less than d600 with a target I can keep steady in my front view).  When I only have the nose cannon and 2 MGs, I do not fire both types at once.

If I bring the gondolas, then I fire all the guns at the same time, because with the extra 2 cannons there is a better chance of a cannon shot hitting a target that is maneuvering hard or I only have a snapshot.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2003, 05:30:25 PM »
I find for me the 109G10 shines the best on pizza map.  It excellent rate of climb make it good for climbing fast to go cherry pick some cons otw to their target.  personally i will usually wont attack spit's and a6m's or any thing that turns well cause knowing me ill screw up and ill die, but i will attack p51's and anything i know i can turn better than which is not much and also look for afk targets :D . From what ive been told you could fly it like a spit14.  Keep High SA.  Dont bring 30mm unless your a tard like me who knows how to hit something with em.:eek: (i can hit something other than my self) dont pass 400 MPH in a dive and expect to live. all the time.

Now ive got a quest for you 109G10 experts. What is the secret in this plane to killing buffs?:confused: i Can do it with 190A8 and that is about all. (ok the only buffs i attack are tatertot and 999000 :p )

Also a good 109 pilot will know when it is time to put that nose down and run.  maybe extend but if your flying against fester get out of there.

Also Be able to idenify a plane when you see it. The only plane i cant tell differences between are the yaks.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2003, 06:40:49 PM »
the mgs dont suck.

max out the stall horn when u need that hard turn, it wont snap like others and needs to be flown at the edge.

when really slow.. be really gentle and use flaps.
JG11

Vater

Offline Corsair

• Nickel Member
      • http://officersclub.bravehost.com
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2003, 07:42:11 PM »
Wespe, can you please stop raising 2 year old threads?

I find myself using the 109's MGs only when I run out of cannon ammo in a fight.

Offline Wespe

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.communityac.com
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2003, 08:08:04 PM »
"My suggestion regarding the G-10 is simple...leave it in the hanger."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

You see here we have a different opinion .... its like having a ferrari in the garage and not using it saturday night !!! :p

"Also a good 109 pilot will know when it is time to put that nose down and run. maybe extend but if your flying against fester get out of there. "

lol Correction .. a good 109 pilot will know when is time to put that nose "UP"  hahahahaha .... :lol :lol :lol

"If you see a P-38, RUN" ... I ve found those  are very interesting dogfites ... they explode really nice after being hit by 30 mm

"What is the secret in this plane to killing buffs?"

Use climb rate  go slightly ahead and above  the bomber  about 1.8- 2.2 and then dive ... that  will give  the gunner  a very difficult shot ... other people use different tactics ... I like this one  !!:aok :aok

HAPPY HUNTING  EVERYONE !!!    Wespe .

Offline Wespe

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2003, 08:23:37 PM »
Originally posted by Corsair
Wespe, can you please stop raising 2 year old threads?

I find myself using the 109's MGs only when I run out of cannon ammo in a fight.

No , I cant stop ...when it comes to this sim ... Im 2 years old :rofl

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2003, 09:51:26 AM »
Originally posted by Wespe
"My suggestion regarding the G-10 is simple...leave it in the hanger."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

You see here we have a different opinion .... its like having a ferrari in the garage and not using it saturday night !!! :p

Your a bit confused about whcih 109 is the "Ferrari"...the G-6 is a much more complete package...using your anology the G-6 is the Ferrari and the G10 is a dragster...it's faster in a straight line but has little other value. The primary value of the G10 is getting you out of trouble....not an overly valuable trait if your flying around looking to get into trouble:)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2003, 06:02:15 PM »
Originally posted by humble
Your a bit confused about whcih 109 is the "Ferrari"...the G-6 is a much more complete package...using your anology the G-6 is the Ferrari and the G10 is a dragster...it's faster in a straight line but has little other value. The primary value of the G10 is getting you out of trouble....not an overly valuable trait if your flying around looking to get into trouble:)
Bf 109 G10
Bf 109 G6
now give me 2 days and i could easily have a write up on the comparsion of the 109G6 and 109G10 using various sources.

II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Wespe

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2003, 06:43:41 PM »
Originally posted by humble

Thanks for the reply HUMBLE .... !!

Nope ....  from the whole package of 109's  its my honest opinion  the 109 G 6  is the less capable  of the  list being his 30 mm  the only advantage from his predecesors . A lot of people  choose the G 6  over a F 4  , Emil , G 2  or even G 10 and I really dont see the point  ... I may be wrong but at least Im giving you an honest opinion ;)

Also I strongly believe lots of people will not let a 109 G10 in the garage :D :D :D  as you suggest , myself among  all of those ... G 10 is the only plane  where I dont get shot down  all the time  :p :p :p

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2003, 04:27:01 PM »
Hmmm...

take all the time you need Skull...BTW the charts don't tell me anything I dont already know...now you show me where the charts tell me about overall handling. Speed isnt everything...unless your running.

Wespe...

I could care less about the potato gun...what the G-6 has is a couple of 12.7mm instead of the 7.7mm or whater the G-2 has. Actually I prefer the G-2 to the G-6 btw...however the G-6 has a bit more firepower and works well against the late war plane set that was in the CT last week. It doesnt handle as well as the G-2...but is way better than the G-10.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2003, 06:08:58 PM »
speed and better engine make you able to make kenetic energy faster which can be a huge advantage in battle. correct?  the speed will also give you more climb. correct?  alt=potiential energy again another advantage in battle.  they are both the same airframe with different engines. correcT?
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2003, 11:46:47 PM »
I tend to enjoy the G2 more than the G6 though I agree that the major advantage of the G6 is the better cowl guns, not the 30mm.  The G2 performance and handling are just a little better.  If you want pure power though then you can't go wrong with a G10.  It also seems the later the 109 model the easier it is to get oneself into trouble with over-speed conditions.  Lots of people lawn-dart the G10 when they get going too fast.

The G2 does perform better than the G6 also... not a huge amount but 5-10mph is enough difference to show.

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2003, 02:41:43 AM »
this is how i rank the 109s:

from the best to the worse (in the MA ofcourse, not vrs. an historical matchup)

109G10
109F4
109G2
109G6
109E4

my suggestion is that, when ever you think about flying a G6, just take the G2, its batter in every thing exept in fire power and maybe dive.

allso that is the order of which i will fly the 109s if i will need to duel another 109

anyone who disagree, i am open for duel invetations :)