Author Topic: question about BF-109G-10  (Read 1164 times)

Offline herryson

• Zinc Member
question about BF-109G-10
« on: July 12, 2001, 09:18:00 AM »
I love 109, it's my favor.

specially best climb rate.

But I don't know how to use this bird.

It climbs very well, and fast,

but have bad turnig capability,

terrible manuever at high speed,

bad manuever at low altitude.

With more guns...it;s bad more.

How i can fly this bird  well?

i'm learning this game now....
plz answer to me.

¾È³Ä¼¼¿©

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2001, 09:41:00 AM »
Well, your best bet is to choose your battles carefully, and always engage with an energy advantage.  The G-10 is also one of the fastest planes in the game, and is one of the best accelerators as well, so you can escape from almost anything if you need to.  Generally, a high-speed climb at a shallow angle will get you out of most situations as long as your enemy does not have more E.

The bottom line is, you always need to be higher in the G-10.  If you are not, use your speed and climbing ability to extend and climb over the enemy.  The tricky part is that you do not want to be too much higher or faster than the other fellow, so when you attack him you won't go too fast.  It takes practice to get that energy advantage just right.

Take the lighter gun set, use a convergence of about 250 or maybe less, and don't fire until you are under 300 in range.  Don't fire in high-G turns unless you are under 100 yards or you will miss.  Only fire cannon, do not fire MG and cannon together or you will only hit with MG rounds and the enemy will not be damaged (much).

Offline herryson

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2001, 10:15:00 AM »
then, if i fire gun and cannon toghether,

why cannon hit alone?

I think fire toghether is more powerful....i think.

plz teach me.  :confused:

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
The trajectory of cannon shell and MG is completly different.
So when you see hit sprite you are not sure of which is currently hitting and can waste either MG bullet of shell.
Except if you are a point blank range ...

Offline herryson

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2001, 10:39:00 AM »
k, i understand now.

thank you~ :)

bit my bullets hate me   :( in combats.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2001, 11:05:00 AM »
I actually fire off all my MG when I'm taking off, giving me a slight lightness advantage, and it stops me from fuggin up my aim with the cannons later on.

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2001, 02:41:00 AM »
MG's are pretty useless on the 109 or 190's. I always teach that shooting the mg's and cannons is a useless thing to do because the MG's are really useless weapons and do little damage. The cannons however  :) They make a few big holes.

Although i am sure there is a bug... Infact I am positive there is a bug somewhere. Because on a number of occasions I have put 12-13 30mm rounds into a Yak 9T and the darn think still kept flying... I was seriously cheesed off  :D

Offline raven 8

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2001, 05:45:00 AM »
eveyoine pretty much covered everything......i reckon 3 connons on the g-10 is more than enough for anything.

i use the machine guns when im turning with the guy, i usually score a few hits, it doesn absolutely nothong, but the pions scares the toejam out of the guy:-)

the only place u can use ur cannonm is in a HO or if ur right behind the fella, otherwise its a waste of time..........unless ur really good and get ur lead just right.........i cant do that so i save the big guns for when im behind the guy:-)

rav(messiah1 in h2h)

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2001, 12:26:00 PM »
Hi everyone
i have been flying a little bit in the 109 too and was wondering if anyone could tell me  what alt the 109 is fasted at against other planes?  
tring to fly it reasently
and not look like a compleate newbie

Trell

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Trell:
Hi everyone
i have been flying a little bit in the 109 too and was wondering if anyone could tell me  what alt the 109 is fasted at against other planes?  
tring to fly it reasently
and not look like a compleate newbie

Trell

check the charts for comparison of planes here in AH.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Fastbikkel

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.fortunecity.com/fastbikkel
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2001, 05:06:00 AM »
I prefer the cannon gondolas though.
Reason for this is quite simple, the 109 is not good in turning fight, so why not add them.
The gondolas make it turn worse, but it is terrible anyway.

I always try to have an energy advantage. There is no use in climbing towards an enemy while you know he has all the cards.

Instead i take off (situation when your field is being attacked), level immediately after take-off, pick up speed until the range indicators are out of sight, then climb. Always keeping an eye on the nme, in case they bounce you.

The key thing here is that you need speed, because speed is life. So when you do get bounced, you can manouvre and at least try to survive.

A 109 in a pair is good, you can try to lure the nme into a sandwich  :)

When i fly alone (most of the times) i just want to bounce a plane which is chasing someone. This means he probably won't see you coming. Then line up with the target, close to about 100 yards, then fire all guns for a second, not more!
You should see your target lose all kinds of things. If this is not the case, he will be at least damaged, which gives you the upper hand. There is not much fun in fighting when you just lost onle of ailerons or rudders.

In short, get E advantage, and bounce the nme when they least expect you. Make a gun pass and run, then go around again if necessary.

Hope this helps,

JG5FaBi.

Offline raven 8

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2001, 05:45:00 AM »
damn i hate it when people do that to me:-)

eveytime(almost) i succesfully lure a guy into turning with me in my spit or zeke, and just when i have them with in 100 feet, gun poised to fire......some bellybutton in a 109 bounces on me:-)

damn i swear that is so annoying.......and sometimes i have to decide to either barrel roll and avoid been hit or get the kill and die myself after wards........i usually barrel roll now.

oh yeah........remember that thread a few weeks back about the revers roll or something.

it really works, especially in a zeke. wait until the guy is 1k away then do barrel rolls until he passes or decide to pull up. i already got 4 guys who overshot, its so cool.

its really hard to boom and zoomn someone if u dont have the element of surprice

rav

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
109 is a mixed bird. It shines in 1 on 1, but loses its own in many vs many. You can always disengage, but forget about many kills, you have to work hard for them.

Probably the most satisfying way to kill in 109 is to dive below the enemy, and attack going up.

If you want to BnZ, maybe you should take gondolas.

Offline air_ReCoile

• Zinc Member
      • http://airsquadron.com/
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2001, 12:37:00 PM »
Right on Hristo, you lose some E due to gondolas but they'll pay of if you use the plane correct.

Furthermore I would like to suggest to start flying the 109 in a earlier version like the G2 or G6 to get comfortable in it. Then switch to g10 and adapt to slightly more difficult plane to handle.

The G6 and especially g10 are nose heavy, which makes them a bit hard to flat turn at high speed, but they are very good for vertical stalls, you can hammerhead them very well.

In normal turns you have to get a good feel for the best turn speed and adapt your tactics to that (like for all planes).

Good luck.

Offline Wespe

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.communityac.com
109 G 10 suggestions .. HERRYSON , EAGLER
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2003, 09:06:31 PM »
All I can add  is this ... I ve flown  109 G 10  almost  every minute in this Sim since 2000 when I left Fighter Ace to join AH ... two years  there and three here ... :eek: :eek: :eek:  u know what ...

I M STILL LEARNING TO FLY THE 109 !!!!      but ..

Does not matter how good or bad we are .. Its a plane  you fall in love with  ,  grabs you  and dont let you go ... At least thats how I feel .

Suggestions huummm  lets see
               ... learn the trimming to perfection .. it may save u or give u a kill quite a few times...
               ... Avoid getting   in compromising situations ... Its a beauty of a plane but does not do miracles ...
               ...  Be delicate  with it ... learn how to shoot  with him at deflection and using rudders ...
               ... Use it in vertical maneuvers .. dont even try to dogfitght with ANY plane .
               ... get altitude quickly .. G 10 is a high bird ... the higher , the better ...
               ... Go fast ... all the time (slow  down for landing lol )
               ... Be aware of the compression ...
               ... Be very aggressive ... Attack Attack Attack even if u have to defend still attack.  
               ... Learn timing  and ballistic for the cannons..
               ... Gondolas are a big punch but they will slow u down a bit ...be aware of that.
               ...Be very patient .. wait for your opportunity ... dont let them taunt u ...
               ... Be aware advantages and disadvantages are the same ...an advantage at one point can become  a disadvantage and viceversa.
               ... Theres no shame to ask for HELP ... G10 in pairs are much better than alone.
               ... Shells are made of GOLD (Cannons) ... Dont waste em ....
               ... Dont assume you are going to outclimb  everybody in every situation ... It doesnt happen that way...
               ... Learn the enemy's machines strenghts and weakness(eg. LaLa at 17K is not the same as LaLa at 3 K )....
               ... Dont let the enemy out of sight not even one milisecond ... Learn how to flight and maneuver looking back...
               ... Dont repeat tactics ... ever .. what gave u a kill yesterday may get you killed today.
               ... Confuse , lure , deceive the enemy ... when u are away and escaping he must  think you are attacking ... when u r  attacking he should think u r trying to escape...  
               .. Be aware of the environment ... MA is NOT a safe environment .. lots of people waiting around for YOU to engage another plane ... and trust me they HATE 109's
               ... Shoot at enemy at point blank range .. the closest the better ...
                  and the most important  of all ... keep the sense of humor is very important especially  when getiing shoot down   12 times in a row
:D :D :D :D
                  trust me with time , practice and patience you will get  a bunch of enemy aircraft  for each  one  you lose ...

Wishing you the best      Wespe !!!