Author Topic: FireArm Gifts  (Read 138 times)

Offline Terror

• Nickel Member
      • http://walden.mo.net/~aedwards
FireArm Gifts
« on: December 09, 2004, 03:29:56 PM »
I have been given the go ahead(by the "boss") to get two new handguns for Christmas.  One for CCW and one for Stock IDPA Competition.  I am thinking on the following two choices:

CCW:  Kel-Tec P3AT .380 Auto

and

IDPA:  Springfield Armory XD Tactical 9x19mm (Black)

What are some other choices that you would recommend?  (or are these good choices?) I do have a budget, so have to watch the prices some....  say $550 total.

Terror

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
FireArm Gifts
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 04:02:55 PM »
That 380 looks too puny for my taste, I am partial to the Sig Sauer line for CCW.

Take a look at the Sig P245.  Now that is a  CCW worth toting.

My Combat Commander is a little bulky for most.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
FireArm Gifts
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 04:24:39 PM »
I'd take one good pistol for $550 rather than two cheaper ones, simply because the last thing you need is a cheap pistol to jam on you when you need it the most.

I've put about 3,000 rounds of various types of ammo in one year of ownership of my Taurus .40 and its not jammed yet.

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
FireArm Gifts
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 05:06:01 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
simply because the last thing you need is a cheap pistol to jam on you when you need it the most.

a little bit of smithing and cheaps ones won't jam. they'll be good as the higher priced ones. only real difference you want to look for is how much FPE you need and the distance you most likely going to be shooting at.
and some people also looks at how many rounds it'll hold. < like it matters. if you can't do it with one shot, then go to a range and practice til ya can do it with one shot.