Author Topic: Hunting with a pellet gun  (Read 1288 times)

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
Hunting with a pellet gun
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2004, 06:25:39 PM »
No, shooting animals isn't hunting. Tracking them down, then shooting them is. The actual shooting is just a small part of the whole hunting experience.

****es sake    

they never get to win,   you may miss  , but you get another chance, you don't actually put yourself in danger !

wipass

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2004, 06:39:35 PM »
If hunting was all about danger, why not get the park rangers to set up booby traps all over the place?

I don't think it's about that.

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2004, 06:41:10 PM »
Ahhh... killing defenseless woodland creatures!  That's the life!  It's difficult to express the joy and fulfillment achieved from such a simple act.  Although, it has been quite awhile since I have had the opportunity.

I love the smell of squirrel cooking in the morning.  It smells like....  food!  Yum!

Malta

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2004, 08:57:30 PM »
One of these posts has a very long sentence in it.

Punctuation is your friend.

Cheers,

Scherf
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2004, 04:55:42 AM »
stantond:

For those of us living on rural property, farms or the like.
What is the difference between raising poor defenceless pigs or cows for food, as opposed to hunting whatever may reside on the land naturally?
 And yes there are recipes for squirrel. :)
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline TPIguy

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2004, 06:50:09 AM »
here is a good airgun forum.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537

and if rabbits just aren't big enough...

http://www.adventuresinairguns.com/

Yes you can hunt rabbits with airguns (humanly) and even much bigger game aswell. It all depends on how much $$$ you want to spend.

Airguns (good ones) generally cost  far more than thier firearm counterparts. You can buy a good .22lr at walmart for $150. or you can spend $500+ on an airgun that  is about as accurate but not as powerful.

Airguns do have theri place though. You can hunt and plink with them in your backyard. Most of us don't have enough land to do that with firearms.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2004, 08:43:32 AM »
I do believe that airguns are good for getting the fundamentals of sight picture and such.

lazs

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2004, 11:36:01 AM »
 Originally posted by Ping
 For those of us living on rural property, farms or the like.
What is the difference between raising poor defenceless pigs or cows for food, as opposed to hunting whatever may reside on the land naturally?
And yes there are recipes for squirrel.

There are several. I will list them.

1. Cows and pigs are big!  I seriously doubt you could kill one with a pellet rifle. Maybe put an eye out, but that might just piss it off!

2. A rampaging cow or pig is not defenseless! In fact, they can be quite dangerous, especially after being shot with a pellet rifle! Wild boar hunting is not to be taken casually.

3. Neither is really what I consider a 'woodland creature'. Disney movies would never animate a wild cow in the woods.

4. Part of the joy is in the hunting experience. No guarantees are made that a defenseless woodland creature will be killed. The cow and pigs fates are sealed.

Not everyone can understand this. Some think it is 'just wrong'. I can't say I understand why it is enjoyable, but it is. I find a similar enjoyment in hunting other pilots online!  

Malta

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2004, 02:40:47 PM »
Pellet guns are fun. I remember many a day tromping around in the woods behind our house when  I was a kid lookin for wascaly wabbits and birdies. I only killed one bird with it. It came in handy a few years later when my bros and I had some wild west shoot em up bb gun battles. My adversaries were unfortunate enough to be armed with the spring action bb gun. But yours truly had a .177 caliber daisy job with multi pump action. I don't know why my brother was so mad when i popped him in the neck at 100ft with a 4 pump shot. what was the big deal?:confused: Some people are sore losers.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
wow
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2004, 04:25:52 PM »
what a bunch of manly men... LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2004, 04:35:51 PM »
I got a pellet gun story to tell :)

When i was like 10 yrs old my cousin told me that theres no way that the pellet would penetrate a leather jacket.

So he made me wear the leather jacket, and made me turn around, and at 10 meters away he shot me in the back.

The twist to the story comes here, he loaded a "dart pellet". So it stuck in my back lol!
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac