Author Topic: Fighterace 2  (Read 577 times)

Offline eagle125fw

• Zinc Member
Fighterace 2
« on: July 23, 2001, 12:10:00 AM »
i come from 9 months of fighterace 2. can anyone here thats played fighterace and has been playing this, tell me the difrence between this and FA please? it looks sweet.....

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Fighterace 2
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2001, 03:20:00 PM »
Well it's a free download, so your best deal is to download the game and try it out for yourself.  There is even a free 2 week trial for playing online in HTC's arenas, and you can play head to head for free anytime.

I've never played FA2, so I can't comment on the differences.  :)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Fighterace 2
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2001, 03:51:00 PM »
If you can drop the cash AH is much better than FAII.  The only similarities in flight modeling between the two may have been the advanced arena in FA.

There are no full screen views, only the cockpit.
It takes awhile getting used to using your “hat” instead of padlock.  That’s ok though, whatever problems you are having with your view, chances are the other guy is too.
Fields can only be taken by cooperation between pilots.  There are no AI field captures.
Flying for one side does not limit your aircraft choices.  All aircraft are available to all sides.
Be gentle on the stick you will loose control.
Watch your angle and speed on the down zoom, you will compress in AH.
Rockets are only affective on ground objects.
You have to gun for yourself, no AI, on bombers.
Changes and updates are received fairly regular.  Not like the year turnaround at FAII.

As a whole though there is really not any comparison.  Aces High is a much better simulation then Fighter Ace could ever be.

One other note, when in the game, on the clip board hit “MAP”, then “Change Countries”, select “Knight”  :D

Zippatuh

Offline eagle125fw

• Zinc Member
Fighterace 2
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2001, 07:18:00 PM »
i am getting used to it.......i just shot down 4 people in 1 hour... man this game is awsome....is there any chance in the price going down? lol

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Fighterace 2
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2001, 08:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by eagle125fw:
i am getting used to it.......i just shot down 4 people in 1 hour... man this game is awsome....is there any chance in the price going down? lol

Possibly better to wait for your wages to go up!  ;)

Offline Dmitry

• Copper Member
Fighterace 2
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2001, 08:57:00 PM »
Few things that comes to mind first:

1. Newer use padlock like in FA... However u still can with F11 key.

2. Planes do not behave like in FA... learn differences in different aircraft.

3. What you carry in your aircraft affects its performance. Same thing stands for duel.. As more staff you have the greater decrees in performance you get (Example: 50% fuel vs. full tank, Drop tanks, additional cannons and/or rockets, bombs, ammo quantities

4. Bombing with bombers never been as easy as in AH. You can virtually land 4000 lbs egg right on the dime from 30 000 ft.

5. Vulching as allowed and considered a good thing in AH... same for chute shooting.. However some might say its a bad thing to do, still majority are on this. Therefor dont get pissed off if you been vulched or when your chute dies

6. If someone shoots you down from 12 - call them dweebs, others you will have to <S> Salute  :)

Well thats about it that i can think of right now... however those 2 sims are very different and you will need 1-2 months to get to used to combat tactics.. Good thing to do is to try to set up a few session with trainees, Like a Lephtrum.

You can allways ask advise on main chanel in MA (Main Arena) and there will be lots of people willing to help you out, but to start I do recomend going on a session with a traineer.

Good luck and good hunting