Author Topic: check six  (Read 455 times)

sestreet

check six
« on: July 27, 2001, 02:25:00 PM »
can anyone tell me how you can send a 'check six' signal to someone more easily.
By the time I get the roster up and find the person and tune to them - it's about 10 minutes too late.
Also is Roger Wilco useful if you're not in a squad?
Thanks
(PS  I know some of you dislike new people asking all this stuff that has been discussed a million times - but some things are just not obvious....)

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
check six
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2001, 02:29:00 PM »
Steve, just go into the Setup window and map a key to send the Check 6 call.  I think the default is the 'apostrophe' (you may already have it mapped and not know it).  When you hit that it will put a box around your wingie.  Keep cycling thru your wingie's if there's more than 1 in view until you have the proper one.  That's all there is to it.

Also, there are other 'check 6' calls that can be downloaded other than the default check 6 (which is kinda bland IMHO).  There's one from European Air War which I downloaded and nearly jump outta my seat every time).  Some guys actually use german check 6 calls.  Go to the Sounds forum and get one you like.  Replace the default Check 6 sound with the new one in your HTC sounds folder.

[ 07-27-2001: Message edited by: SpitLead ]

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
check six
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2001, 02:30:00 PM »
Steve - when the friendly plane is in your view hit the ' key (next to Enter).  Dont worry about asking questions.  I've only been here little over a month and most everybody is helpful.