Author Topic: recording/playback  (Read 604 times)

sestreet

recording/playback
« on: July 30, 2001, 04:17:00 AM »
Can anyone tell me how to play back a dogfight you've recorded?
I have the keys mapped - but can only get record to work.  Do you have to use another program for playback?

I REALLY need to watch these to try and avoid being shot down all the time!
Thanks

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
recording/playback
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2001, 04:28:00 AM »
Start the program, when you see the familiar clipboard interface where you click to go online/offline/h2H, you'll see a button marked "Film". Click that.

Now you see four buttons along the bottom: Open, Trail, Setup and quit.

Open gives you a primative dialog box to choose which film to view. By default they're numbered (i.e. flim1); but you can rename them to something more significant using explorer (Pyro, can't this be fixed?).

Double click one.

The slider bar to the left of the afore mentioned buttons is playback speed (the middle position is normal speed), the trail button adds smoke trails to the wingtips so you can see the paths they took.

Above the buttons are four cassette recorder type buttons and another large slider bar. The buttons do the same as your hi-fi, that's to say start, fast forward, rewind etc and the slider bar shows where in the film you are.

Offline Soviet

• Nickel Member
      • http://flanker2.8m.net
recording/playback
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2001, 09:09:00 PM »
I have a problem, i downloaded some videos but i'm not able to play them. everytime i open one up and click play AH crashes

Offline Pinner

• Zinc Member
recording/playback
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2001, 09:20:00 PM »
It is probably one of two things...

1) You dont have the correct terrain file that was used for that particular film, in which case you will need to try and download the correct file.

2) Some films might not be compatible with the current version of AH. I haven't personaly had this problem, but have heard several people mention it before.

Most likely, it is the first one, so see if you can track down the correct terrain file.

Hope this helps...