Author Topic: 190's  (Read 541 times)

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
190's
« on: August 03, 2001, 12:08:00 AM »
i recently started flying the 190a8 and a5. i really like the planes, but cant seem to pull any good G's with it without LOTS of E. does anybody have any tips?

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
190's
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2001, 06:10:00 AM »
pulling many Gs in FW190 is deadly unless u are very light (<50% fuel).

Best is, keep it fast. Try to sneak on the tgt and use vertikal movements to line up a 2nd attack.

Take the time to get some altittude, cause vs. most planes u need an alt advantage.

If nme is better turning plane than u (nearly all planes are, if not all), is making a hard evasive turn dont follow it!!

Go into a high yo-yo or zoom up and roll ur lift vector on him, than fall back.

When u r in the defense, use the FWs roll rate to outscissor ur nme if he is already to close or u dont have the alt to simply dive to savefty (in the A5 and A8 this is hard, cause many planes will get u on the deck).

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
190's
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2001, 06:16:00 AM »
thanks naudet. i'll have to give that a try

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
190's
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2001, 02:35:00 PM »
what Naudet said    :)

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
190's
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2001, 04:46:00 PM »
Great points from Naudet... just wanted to add to the no following the break turn thing.  Generally if a con break turns away from my attack, I will do a climb back up to my perch.  However, you must judge how much "e" you have with respect to the enemy.  If you don't have much of an e-advantage and attempt to do a high-G pull up into a loop/hammerhead/immelman, you may be asking for it.  The smarter cons will recognize what you are doing and not come up after you.  Instead, they will unload and dive a little to gain speed.  Then when you are coming back down on them, they will pull up to face you.  Either they will joust with you (HO), or pull a lead turn and end up behind you as you overshoot and attempt to pull up.  The second method is what I try to do when bounced (something I learned from being on the wrong side of that move).  So in that situation (low e-disparity), I would make a gentle climb to extend and watch what the con does.  If he/she does indeed have enough e to come up to you, you will have room to get away. The point is to make a judgement call on just how severe a pull up you are going to make, based on what kind of advantage you have over your target. Good luck!

mauser

Offline pimpjoe

• Silver Member
190's
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2001, 09:22:00 PM »
thanks for the tips guys. i appreciate it <S>