Author Topic: Scissor Defense?  (Read 482 times)

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
Scissor Defense?
« on: August 10, 2001, 09:18:00 PM »
Hello everyone.  Ok, someone tell me what the best move to counter a scissor defense?  Assuming both planes have plenty of E, its hard to just hi yo-yo because the enemy can zoom up with you and blast ya outta the sky.  If you try to lag pursuit, well this will just make you hang around until one of his buddies comes to kill you.  Any advice for a quick counter?

Nim

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Scissor Defense?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2001, 10:04:00 PM »
If you're following someone who's attempting a scissors with you, you can indeed pull a high yo-yo. Since he's out in front he can't zoom up, but the key is timing. Pull that yo-yo too soon and he'll get away, too late and he gets away. A lag persuit is impossible because of the constantly changing angles. You can always zoom up a short distance then dive back down and hope for an off-angle shot. I nailed Jekyll once by doing that some time ago. He tried scissoring with me (spit) so I pulled up into a short zoom, then dove down and shot him. There's two ways to get out of a scissors that I know of and use. First is the short zoom I already mentioned, the second is to simply dive. Don't get suckered in and dive away for a short distance, then break hard away from the guy. You'll gain distance and speed, effectively disengaging from the fight. If you want to go round and round with him again, simply turn around.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta Six's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb