Author Topic: clip from batfink (Jug vs 109)  (Read 548 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 10:44:28 AM by humble »

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
clip from batfink (Jug vs 109)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 11:28:18 AM »
wow! that was quick work!

much appreciated sir!

<>

batfink

ADDITIONAL:as far as training goes, this film shows some half decent ACM and some interesting moves/counter moves.

The 109 G2 pilot is 'Virage', a worthy opponent for any thunderbolt. note the use of flaps and sometimes even landing gear to control airspeed and stalls by the P47-D40.

If any of the pro jug pilots have any points to make i would gladly listen.

except for the obvious point of hitting things when they give you the chance :) i know how badly i messed up a number of solutions that fight.

Still it remains one of my top fights of all time, certainly as far as improving my own skills go. ranks in my top 5 ever

Virage

edit: thanks also to ManeTMP and XtrmeJ for showing me more about ACM than my brain had worked out myself. i never yet made the step untill then that E works in a negative dimension aswell as possitive.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 12:32:18 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 11:34:32 AM »
anyone want to give me advice please? :)

I really need a few pointers on my Jug flying.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 04:41:50 PM »
I'm far from a jug ace but I can tell you this much....it turns, climbs and accelerates deceptively well LIGHT....

I tend to fly it in the jabo role and take a DT instead of the center 500 lber when I know I'm going to be outnumbered....often take the light ammo or even light ammo x 6 guns...usually 50% internal fuel but sometimes 25%.

You can come screaming in and take out barracks DAR and some odds and ends in two passes then pickle the DT....an "ultralight" jug is a nasty suprise for someone looking for a lazy kill on a JABOdweeb:D

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 04:44:19 PM »
thanks for the tips, im still hoping others will chime in and enlighten me further.

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 07:04:23 PM »
Invest in some worthy rudder pedals or build your own.  You'll be amazed how much rudder plays a role in obtaining the shot you wouldnt have achieved had you been using a twisty stick.  

There's just certain things you can do if you have different peripherals controlled by your feet rather than all of it at your hands.  Its kind of like driving a car with a stick versus a car with an automatic.  You can function with both but the manual just gives you a finer amount of control and a wider range of function.

Hope this helps, I know the change did for me when I was playing.  Be advised though it will take some time to get used to controlling the rudder with your feet.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 08:12:25 PM »
thank you sir, worthy advice.

have been saving the pennies for a few months now to invest in some CH stuff. rudder pedals are a must have. this saitek cyborg evo is getting real sloppy :)

its a good excuse if you lose though :lol