Author Topic: Shane - 'nother film to critique  (Read 943 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Shane - 'nother film to critique
« on: December 19, 2004, 05:07:04 AM »
Working on the vertical "dimension" little more - this look better?
Any pointers,  comments?

F4u vs 51

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 06:37:20 AM »
Just curious Waffle why would need Shane to review your films you said not 5 minutes before this film you spanked his arse in the DA anyway?  Not a perfect quote but "I'll spank your arse like I did Shanes in the DA".  

I need to post all my films when I've got 100mph and a 4k advantage too.  Then maybe I can have some of the "vets" critique them.  

I'm also kind of curious as to why in the 3 years and 3 months you've been playing why is it you barely have a 50/50 kill ratio in the majority of the birds you are a master at?  Just a newb here with a year and 6 months of playing so I'm trying to learn from the vets.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 06:43:33 AM »
Fun fights the other night, Cobra.  I couldn't believe my good fortune when I wandered across four lower P-40s, and you guys played it about as well as anybody could hope in that situation.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Re: Shane - 'nother film to critique
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 07:08:13 AM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Any pointers,  comments?

F4u vs 51

Given the exchange you had with Cobra tonight why didn't you name the thread "Na na nana NAH !"  given that's your motive

Poor form
I come from a land downunder

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Re: Shane - 'nother film to critique
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 07:21:06 AM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Any pointers,  comments?

F4u vs 51

Ok now that I've watched it.

You were a little timid , you should have killed  him way quicker then you would have been ready for the 109   ;)
I come from a land downunder

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 08:37:25 AM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
Just curious Waffle why would need Shane to review your films you said not 5 minutes before this film you spanked his arse in the DA anyway?  Not a perfect quote but "I'll spank your arse like I did Shanes in the DA".  
I need to post all my films when I've got 100mph and a 4k advantage too.  Then maybe I can have some of the "vets" critique them.  
I'm also kind of curious as to why in the 3 years and 3 months you've been playing why is it you barely have a 50/50 kill ratio in the majority of the birds you are a master at?  Just a newb here with a year and 6 months of playing so I'm trying to learn from the vets.

1. why should you care who he asks to looks at his films?
2. why are yo so obsessed with time-in-game?
3. since he didn't spank me in DA, why should you care what form of psych-ops he chooses to use?
4. feel free to post your films.
5. stats are meaningless, effort to get better is what counts.
6. 18 months is hardly noob... i learned pretty much all i needed to within that same time span.
7. it's not so much what one flys as how one flys what they're in.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 08:48:40 AM »
waffle...

despite the late start, apparently, you started off with the classic bnz strategy of trying to force the 51 lower in alt/e but he wasn't biting and kept his speed/alt while you zoomed back up.

once you committed you handled it pretty well and didn't lose the scissors that was happening by staying behind.

i wasn't watching the text buffer or intrernal views, so i dunno why you missed the 109 who came in... you gotta be watching for stuff like that, especially in the MA.

cobra... you're doing fine with your own flying, btw, unlike many in the game, you're out there putting an effort into it.

now, you have a choice in paths young padawan... be like me....

or be like levi...

and i don't mean the skills we both posess...

:cool
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 12:09:48 PM »
Looked good to me waffle- nice yoyo's and like shane said u kept behind him well.   If you had been aggressive after the 1st couple of passes you could have caught him off guard- if i'm in a mossie i usually do 2 bnz passes and on the 3rd chop throttle turn with the con and blast them as they make a lazy break turn thinking they'll be safe.

i'll be going back to furballing next tour.  Last nite for the first time in a while i  got sweaty palms (ooo err) in a spit9. Dodging bnz passes for 5 mins from an la7, tiffie and a ki61 killing 2, la7 running and landing with 1 min of fuel spare.  This afternoon i was in a 1v3 against 3 190s and got them- even got it on film which makes a change.:)

I think i shall be heading back to my furballing roots........:)
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 01:16:52 PM »
Originally posted by thrila

Last nite for the first time in a while i  got sweaty palms (ooo err) in a spit9. Dodging bnz passes for 5 mins from an la7, tiffie and a ki61 killing 2, la7 running and landing with 1 min of fuel spare.  This afternoon i was in a 1v3 against 3 190s and got them- even got it on film which makes a change.:)

I had a similar fight recently. Found myself pursuing a P-51D with my P-40E. Nearly two sectors behind the front lines, I had spotted his dot on the radar and headed to intercept him on his way back. This shed battler saw me coming Co-alt and hauled tail to two more Mustangs also on a milk-run. They tried the usual BnZ silliness. I cut one out and chased him to the deck. Much to his surprise, the P-40 ran him down in a dive. Splash one. I watched the two remaining P-51s diving down. At 600 yards I pulled up to the right and vector rolled in behind. My snapshot at the nearest P-51 took off a flap and holed his radiator. He pushed the nose down and ran for all he was worth. In a few minutes he would be a glider and I would eventually catch him, or get the kill when he ditched in Rook territory. Meanwhile, the third P-51 came in spraying. Once again, I forced an overshoot. I rolled out on his 6 about 600 yards behind. I take a snap shot and shoot off an aileron and puncture a fuel tank. This guy decides that this isn't fun anymore and skedaddles. I turn my attention to the dying Mustang. I have enough gas to chase him for a full sector, so I fall in behind at D1.5 and settle in to bide my time. The third wuss is running, bearing off, not even trying to help his buddy. After a while I see the range beginning to drop on the one P-51. His engine has finally quit. But, just then I spot two friendies above coming from the direction we are heading. They finish off the dead engine P-51 before I can get within range and then chase down the last Mustang, killing it with ease. I had to settle for one kill and an assist.

It's rather sad when three P-51s fight a lone P-40, two having an altitude advantage. One dies, a second is all but dead and the third hightails it for home, probably without enough gas to get there..... But, this is what the MA has become. Hordes of nervous shed bombers who run as soon as they feel even slightly challenged.

Kudos to you gents who seriously work at getting better.

And, a big Bronx cheer to those three Mustang drivers who couldn't fight their way out of a nursing home restroom with a bazooka.

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 04:14:47 PM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 01:27:34 PM »
Originally posted by Shane

and i don't mean the skills we both posess...

:cool

*cough* BUahahahahahah   :D    

Luv ya Shane!  :aok

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 03:41:07 PM »
Cobra - the reason I want shane to review my films, is that we were working of some stuff in the DA the other night.

As far as the spank coment goes...It wasn't spanked. When we were in DA we went with his LA7 against my a6m2. I won both engagements. Of course in equal planes, he whooped me :)

so my coment to you at the time was " I'll even whoop you in my a6m2 like I did shane when he ws in a  la7" Since you were at this time making comments about other players and the bish.

This of course extends to the whole fact of you blatantly calling bishops skilles flyers, ect...typical ho dweebs...couldn't find a decent fight...blah blah...same stuff that you see every day. So I offerred you a 1v1 in the DA, which you decline with various degrees of insults and jabs. Then I asked about meeting you in MA - where were you flying? what alt you were - come down to 15k, no - go ahead and come down to 10k..lol

You never replied, ok that sounds good - where do you want to meet at - nothing to that sort..so i'mm just continuing my flight from 199 to 145 Then as we were typing - I look back and see a 51d  3-4k low my 6...following me.

Well that's were the film starts...

as far as my "scores and ratios: lol - we'll  - I up at heavily vulched feilds - I fight in totally loosing situations, outnumbered..
Never claimed to be a scorepotato... I don't worry about landing that much - will auger to defend a feild else where if needed.
I have fun. I don't let a game and numbers make me bitter, or try  to put too much weight on my score.

So I made 3 mistakes last night:

1 - that should've been a f4u1..lol
2 - this post should've been in training.
3 - the text should've been removed from this film, which it is now.

anyway again,

and fun fights

Paawo.....grrr....lol

thanks for the info Shane
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 03:48:01 PM by Waffle »

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 03:57:14 PM »
Hiya Waffles BAS  :D   Enjoyed all of ur fights w/Shane, Shane's
very good, u 2 r doing well, I m certainly learning more & more
of how to handle a fight correctly  ;)  in my favor that is.

Gd fight against Cobra, well done & congrats, keep up ur good works  :)

Cheers,

Happy1  :D

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 04:14:13 PM »
nice little film.

just my own neewbie opinion, but had you engaged the pony with more zeal, and taken him out faster, then maybe the 109 would not have got the jump on you.

to me it looked like Cobra had little to no say in how the engagement ran, whereas you controlled it completely. from this i would have assumed a faster conclusion would have been more benificial for you.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2004, 06:21:40 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
Just curious Waffle why would need Shane to review your films.

As stated last night.... I`m still curious as to why you are so obsessed with Shane. Crush or what?
  While talking to Waff you spent about 15 mins with every other sentence having do with Shane."Shanes a POS this, Shanes a POS that.....sorry your a POS like Shane , etc. " Hell Shane wasn`t even there. Then you spent the next couple of hours in text scroll mode expounding your superior knowledge to every one. What it was we still have no clue. A friggen lot of words, but you actualy said nada. A regular little chatty Kathy, text style.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2004, 06:24:08 PM »
oooo do tell...

tsk...

but interesting to say the least...