Author Topic: Problem with Il2 / A20 / Other light bombers...  (Read 601 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Problem with Il2 / A20 / Other light bombers...
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 10:14:25 AM »
Originally posted by CavemanJ
How do you figure?  I don't even try to divebomb with the A20 in the external view.  Much, MUCH easier from inside with reference points.  And I set up my attacks so I know which direction I will be pulling out.  External view makes no difference in the attacks.

Good for you! ............my mileage differs. During a dive external view allows me to quickly flip round for a full SA update that no way i could have gained from the cockpit........... it allows me to change my egress route on the way down and not have to be satisfied with the one I "set up"..............

Obviously you would not miss these benefits because you do not need them............. I on the other hand use them to gain an unbalancing  benefit that I have no right to IMO. Not to mention the other unbalancing benefits list above.
Ludere Vincere

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Problem with Il2 / A20 / Other light bombers...
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 09:55:31 PM »
I've never used ext view when attacking ground targets either; only when needing to see what can't be seen from gunner positions.

The C47 could also make use of the navigator bubble above and behind the cockpit, but we already have the full external view..  There might need to be some interior graphics work to make it and/or the jump door view acceptable to the graphicaly anal, though.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you