Author Topic: Any skins accepted for this week (12/22)?  (Read 1396 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Any skins accepted for this week (12/22)?
« on: December 21, 2004, 10:43:29 AM »
I haven't heard anything - I still have 5 skins submitted (2 P-51Bs and 3 P-38Ls).

The shark mouth RAF 51B had a problem which I fixed and resubmitted a couple weeks ago, the 55th FG P-38L has been assigned a reference number, but the other skins I haven't heard anything on.

One of them is the natural metal 325th Checkertail P-51B.   It was submitted as part of a multiple attachment email and I think the multiple attachments were missed somehow.  I resubmitted it again but haven't heard anything.

I was under the impression that were getting caught up with skins but maybe more keep coming in.   Would be great to try out some more new skins over Christmas, wouldn't it?

all Happy Holidays!

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 01:34:57 PM »
i got some replys  to say they have been recieved  but nothing else  . but then again i dodnt get one for the last skin they accepted

rogerdee
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline thebest1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 02:16:27 PM »
nothing for my F4 or G6

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 11:25:05 AM »
Somehow I got the impression that skins were going to be released weekly on Wednesdays with the terrain change, but I think that was a false assumption.     I also thought HTC was getting close to caught up on processing skin approvals, but that doesn't appear to be the case either.

Oh well, maybe a big batch of skins will close out the year next Wednesday, or start the new year the following week.

all.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 12:41:41 PM »
Was supposed to be - skins, terrain change, TOD resets on Wednesdays now.

Then again I've realised to take ANY sort of information like this with a pinch of salt.
They probably fell behind again and will change it to Fridays next week (for 1 week). Fall behind again and change it back to Wednesdays the week following after.
Seriously though I don't know why they give out information when this sort of thing happens on a regualr basis.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 01:05:37 PM »
I guess it is pointless to answer this as Kev seems to have it all figured out.  No matter how wrong it is.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 01:10:19 PM »
Could be lots of reasons - Skuzzy busy interacting with Savvis net problems, etc.    I think maybe I assumed skins would be released weekly based on Skuzzy's comment that skins would be released on Wednesdays, corresponding with terrain changes.   Perhaps he didn't mean to imply EVERY Wednesday, but thats they way I took it.

I think the custom skins in game are great, just a few kinks to work out regarding submission and approval.    For example, it might help to get skins assigned a reference number as fast as possible after submission - I mean within a few days.   Without a reference number confirmation, the skinner is sort lost where his skin is at, wondering if HTC even got it.   And any further updates to the skin without a reference number are problematic.

Perhaps Pyro's next dev update will provide more detailed info in the skins situation...

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 01:17:09 PM »
NOOOooo!!

Kev367 may have it all figured out but I sure don't.    :confused:

You can just tell me and I won't tell anyone, promise!

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 01:45:46 PM »
Oboe is in "the phase" - the time post-submission - before the ultimate goal and final hurdle - ingame use, hehe!  I would imagine hair loss and excessive blood pressure would ensue after a while :D  Having zero skins submitted at the moment, I am content :cool: (but not for long!)

btw, Kev, that was out of line.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 02:51:31 PM »
Valume anyone?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 03:06:11 PM »
No thanks - just deep breaths and a slow, steady, "aummmmmmm" on the exhale.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2004, 03:47:07 PM »
Oct - Out of line?
Am I the ONLY person who is starting to get fed up with empty promises/deadlines etc.

I seem recall the following - Skins will be released EVERY Wednesday from now on. We have replied to all submitted skins.

Etc etc etc.

Sorry if you think my sarcasm was a bit over the top, but it has come to this point.

It's a great game, lots of user input, but they aren't helping themselves by making statements one week, and not following them a week later.

Skuzzy - I understand it may be out of your control, was not meant as a personal comment, but a comment on the way things have been going from HTC overall.
We get fixes for TrackIR users who are a minority of users but still wait for fixes for GV damage and buff damage transfer etc which have been around since AH2 was introduced.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 03:53:54 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2004, 04:31:37 PM »
I'm a long way from from fed up, but I always consider bad news better than no news.    

Wednesday ain't over yet, btw!

There does seem to be some confusion/misunderstanding to clear up.   Like Kev, I thought skins were caught up and were to be released in a batch each Wednesday (which would be awesome).     But I have skins that have been submitted for quite a while, some of which have been acknowledged with reference number email, and some which have not.   And like Rogerdee, one of my skins that is currently in game (352FG P-51B) I don't recall receiving either a skin reference confirmation email OR an approval email for.

Just wondering whats going on, that's all...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2004, 04:36:42 PM »
Kev, here is why it is over the top.

Instead of simply asking a question, you have to go off on some speculative diatribe which does not help anyone at all.  Things get done in the time they can get done in.
Should we hold up something we have done and ready to go, and force everyone to wait for something that will take more time to complete?

Now, here is the answer, which I would have been happy to tell anyone asking.  Oboe, I sent you an email about it earlier today.

I was on vacation this week.  As such, I was not here to complete the release of the skins.  To add to that, the artists have been out on vacation as well.  I am not going to apologize for taking a couple of days off and I am not going to flame the artists for taking a few days either.
I have 48 skins prepped, we missed this cycle due to vacation times.  I still cycled the terrains today.  If I can get the skins done before close of business tomorrow, I will reboot the arenas and add them.

By the way Kev, we make changes all the time.  The changes to the skin process will be made as we refine the process.  I am still not happy with the overall process and will continue to make changes until we get it right.  Sorry of that ruffles your feathers, but it is for the overall improvement in getting skins into the game with as little trouble and problems as possible.  I find that goal to be worthwhile and one I will continue to strive for, regardless of how pissed off it makes some people.

I have a lot of respect for the people who take the time to do this, and it really frustrates me when someone's skin falls through the cracks due to process issues.  And if you think you have a better way to do it, then talk about it, but do not come back at me with how we are at fault for all this.  That will serve no purpose.
We are people and we will miss something from time to time, but only by trying to improve will we overcome those obstacles.

EDIT: Kev, buff damage transfer has been partly fixed once already.  HT thought he had it all in the patch (I cannot remember which patch it was, but it was addressed),  He does know it needs more work, but we have not been able to duplicate the problem in house and have asked for some films so he can chase it down.
We did not get any films, so they fix is going to have to wait until 2.02.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 04:41:56 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2004, 04:52:15 PM »
BY the way, it looks like I will be able to get them released tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese