Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Goodbye
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2004, 02:27:24 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I have not actually hit the "kill" button on my account yet, and I will probably not delete it, but I dont expect to fly much for a long while. Maybe I need to stay in the TA/DA and learn something for a few months?

You are a bag of dung, do you known that?  I have been flying AH for years, since the beginning of the Millenium or sometime around there, and AW since 1996, and people have always shot me down and picked on me and made jokes about how easy it is to get Oldman kills.  Did I quit?  NO!  Did I whine that I was rusty and the game just wasn't the same?  NO!  I went back, night after night, making countless one-way missions because I thought it was FUN TO DOGFIGHT!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Goodbye
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2004, 02:27:24 PM »
I have not actually hit the "kill" button on my account yet, and I will probably not delete it, but I dont expect to fly much for a long while. Maybe I need to stay in the TA/DA and learn something for a few months?

You are a bag of dung, do you known that?  I have been flying AH for years, since the beginning of the Millenium or sometime around there, and AW since 1996, and people have always shot me down and picked on me and made jokes about how easy it is to get Oldman kills.  Did I quit?  NO!  Did I whine that I was rusty and the game just wasn't the same?  NO!  I went back, night after night, making countless one-way missions because I thought it was FUN TO DOGFIGHT!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Goodbye
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2004, 02:48:59 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
You are a bag of dung, do you known that?  

Sorry for the double post, something is wrong with my machine.

Now, where was I?

So, despite the fact that many people who were far more talented than me invited me to join their far-more-talented squads, I declined, because I wanted to FIGHT and to SWITCH SIDES if necessary to make the FIGHTS better.  Until finally someone came along and said that he had a squad that wanted to FIGHT and wasn't interested in KILLS and we could switch sides and not worry about whether we were getting enough KILLS or not, nor whine about whether we were too rusty to get any KILLS.  And so I joined that squad, because, after all, the fight is what it's all about, not how many FREAKING KILLS you can land.

And now look what happens!  My leader is quitting the game because he's getting KILLED TOO MUCH?  

I am disconsolate.  At Christmas, the merriest time of the year, I am depressed and crying into my beer.  Woe is me.  Woe is the Oldman.  Lost, alone, leaderless...

- oldman

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Goodbye
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2004, 04:41:11 PM »
OM u can always join us :D then ull never die :lol j/k:aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Goodbye
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2004, 05:11:09 PM »
You are a bag of dung,

That was worth saying twice though:D

storch

Goodbye
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2004, 05:29:45 PM »
I'm glad you haven't deleted yet Grits you are one of my favorite storch stompers.  :D

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Goodbye
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2004, 05:57:41 PM »
Grits. GL for the rest of your life...
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Goodbye
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2004, 05:59:24 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
And now look what happens!  My leader is quitting the game because he's getting KILLED TOO MUCH?

Well, when you put it that way, it does sound rather silly doesnt it?

It isnt about getting kills, or being killed, I've had long streaks of no kills before, and I die probably 80% of the time even on my best day. The problem is, I just dont have fun anymore, and I dont know why.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Goodbye
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2004, 07:14:22 PM »
Another candidate for Boardaholics Anonymous.  Sometimes ... sometimes one just has to talk about it ... to not be alone ... to share the pain and the addiction ...

ohhhhh ... ohhhhhhhhh ... mmmmmnnnnn ... sometimes ... the pain ... feels ... so...
GOOD!

But ... this is the wrong place for that ... beware ... here ... here your fellow addicts will slowly and cunningly ... lure you ...

BACK TO PLAYING THE GAME!

Go ahead ... take a sip ... what's a sip gonna do?  you can handle it ...

Be wary ... be wery, wery wary ....
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Goodbye
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2004, 07:45:21 PM »
Originally posted by Halo
Another candidate for Boardaholics Anonymous.  Sometimes ... sometimes one just has to talk about it ... to not be alone ... to share the pain and the addiction ...

ohhhhh ... ohhhhhhhhh ... mmmmmnnnnn ... sometimes ... the pain ... feels ... so...
GOOD!

But ... this is the wrong place for that ... beware ... here ... here your fellow addicts will slowly and cunningly ... lure you ...

BACK TO PLAYING THE GAME!

Go ahead ... take a sip ... what's a sip gonna do?  you can handle it ...

Be wary ... be wery, wery wary ....

Obviously a veteran of several 12 step programs:(

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
Goodbye
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2004, 09:23:53 PM »
Originally posted by Bear76
Obviously a veteran of several 12 step programs:(

Is it time for an intervention? I'll bring the baseball bats.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Goodbye
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2004, 01:19:51 PM »
Well, when you put it that way, it does sound rather silly doesnt it?

It isnt about getting kills, or being killed, I've had long streaks of no kills before, and I die probably 80% of the time even on my best day. The problem is, I just dont have fun anymore, and I dont know why.

Age old problem....

Most of us "oldtimers" go thru it....truthfully there is no real answer. Best I've found for me is grabbing a Ki-61 in the MA. Good enough ride to fight anything you meet, with long enough range to tool around for a bit.

I'd also suggest spending some time in the TA....I spent some time as a trainer there and it does have its rewards. I'm sure the current group of trainers would love to have you around to help out....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Goodbye
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2004, 06:09:09 PM »
I guess if things are tight, you have to watch ur pennies ...

but
If I only get in one good sortie a month, it is worth the $15 bucks to me as i can not think of a single thing that gives me the enjoyment that sortie did and cost less than 50 cents a day

... of course I get in more than one good sortie in a month .. :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Goodbye
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2004, 07:27:30 PM »
You nailed it, Eagler ... best game in the universe.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Goodbye
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2004, 09:59:22 AM »
I gave my pc to the devil ... but I still got a friend or two who owns one.

Gawsh ding dang it! If we ain't addicted to the game, we sure are to the forum! Ahem.

Hey ... I admit I miss it. I was a virtual freakin' ace! (When there were plenty of noobs up without Shane or someone like Shane there "protecting" them) errrrr

Burning houses and hurricanes, what're we gonna do?!

(I'm pricing motorcycles. Grits, wanna join my motorcycle gang?)