Author Topic: Question  (Read 881 times)

Offline capera

• Copper Member
Question
« on: December 29, 2004, 11:42:55 AM »
What ever happened to the organized events?

Totally enjoyed the Saturday Afternoon "CAP" events but have heard nothing in the Events department in a very long time?

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Question
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 12:53:17 PM »
All events have been running normally since the Release of AHII.

Except for CAP.

The lack of suitable terrains to use for the CAP event, lead to the postponment of the event until such time as a suitable complement of Terrains is made available. We do not currently have an ETA on this however.

Other events, such as Snapshots, Squad Operations, and Historic Scenarios have been continuing unabated (although the Squadron Operations events have taken a break for the Holidays, as they do every year).

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline capera

• Copper Member
Question
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 01:00:50 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I will be sure to keep my eye open for these events.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Question
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 01:09:35 PM »
No problem :)

Be sure to check out the events server:
http://events.hitechcreations.com/

for information and times of upcoming events!

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
Question
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 06:11:50 AM »
Unless I'm missing something, there haven't been any European timed events for months. We are losing members over the complete lack of special events since AH2 came out. people are going especially to Il FB Multiplayer, but some are just leaving the game.

I know people will say "organise one yourself!" Hmm.... If we only knew where to start! ;)

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Question
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 02:32:33 AM »
Rangoon was on european sunday evening. Not to bad a time.
Thursday snapshots on european evening.
I started flying with ah2 so i wouldnt know how it was before... and sure id like an event on saturday evening too.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Question
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 04:38:24 AM »
Originally posted by FOGOLD
Unless I'm missing something, there haven't been any European timed events for months. We are losing members over the complete lack of special events since AH2 came out.
Yes you are missing something - there are Snapshots every Thursday at 1500 Eastern, which is 2000 UK/2100 CET.  Also, the Sunday SquadOps will be restarting soon following the break for Rangoon and the holiday period.  A Schutt said, Rangoon was also scheduled at a Euro-friendly time.  Believe me, I am as eager as the rest of us in Europe to see Euro-friendly events!  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
Question
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 05:41:26 AM »
Thanks Flossy, I might try and get to those  myself.

It's just lately a lot of out long time squaddies are packing it in citing lack of gameplay development and dissapointment at the non-appearance of Tour Of Duty etc.

I should take more leadership of my own squad, but I struggle to get time to even play these days.

Offline odie202

• Copper Member
Question
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005, 10:32:46 PM »
Hey Flossy, i really enjoy flying with Euros but as you say big time diff, is there anything against Euros having SE;s at more friendly time, dont think HT would mind, us yanks could join in if we wanted to as the the Euros coul join in our SE,s.....just a thought:) :)

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Question
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 02:07:33 AM »
Not sure what you mean, Odie.... more friendly times to whom?  We also need to bear in mind  the timezones over here, given that Central European Time is an hour ahead of British time (currently GMT) and places like Finland, home to some large squads who take part in our events, are 2 hours ahead.  So, Euro-friendly events tend to start at 1500 Eastern, which is 2000 in the UK, 2100 CET and 2200 in Finland.  Even then, a two-hour event means the Finns don't finish until midnight their time.  Of course, any players elsewhere in the world who are available at the above times are welcome to also participate.  :)

It gets a little bit more difficult doing things the other way around.  As we are ahead of the US in time, your special events tend to be taking place in the early hours of the morning for us when many of us are in bed sleeping!  The Wednesday shapshot, for instance, starts at 2200 Eastern.... it needs to be around that time to allow those on the west coast time to get home from work to start at 1900 Pacific.  However, that is 0300 in the UK and 0500 in Finland!  See the problem?  

Believe me, these times have been arrived at after lots of discussion in the CM Team and I think they are pretty much optimum in terms of making events available to as many players as possible.  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Question
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2005, 02:33:53 AM »
So...
Which events are in january and february at 15pm eastern?

Calendar is kinda empty.. and the squad ops site lists no information for people that might be intrested, only for people who know what it is about.
Battle of Britan coming again? I loved that last year.

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Question
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2005, 06:23:01 AM »
As soon as details are known, they will be posted on the Calendar at on the Events server.  There has been a problem in editing the 2005 Calendar which Skuzzy has had to fix, so hopefully it will be brought up to date soon.

Agreed on the lack of information for anyone interested in SquadOps, that's something we'll have to get added.

I am sure Battle of Britain will be played again at some point in the future, but I doubt it will be this year.  With a limited number of scenarios a year, there needs to be some variety.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun