Author Topic: Fruda's Dedicated Sound Packs  (Read 73610 times)

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
Fruda's Dedicated Sound Packs
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2007, 04:19:49 PM »
Originally posted by Fencer51
Fruda, I love the P-51 packs.  Obviously since I fly those 90% of the time, I appreciate the effort and work to put such a nice set of sounds togather.

Ok now that I smoozed ya, I got a couple questions! :lol

What is the EngI sound for?

And in flight about every 4 to 5 seconds there is a metalic bang that happens, it increases and decreases with the engine noise, what is that?  It does not seem part of ENG..

Not sure what the metallic bang is, as I've never heard it... This is the first time I've even heard about it. Funky.

Anyway, every sound ending in I is an Internal sound. The default sounds are External recordings. Since AHII doesn't have a very spiffy sound engine, you have to switch between either External or Internal sounds, depending on which ones you prefer.

And yes, those Internal sounds are authentic, just as the External ones are.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2007, 08:01:35 PM »
Thanks.

I guess a metalic "strum" would be more descriptive.  Its about 4 or 5 seconds.  4 seconds would make it when the ENGI repeats.  Might be mysound card hiccupping.

Figured the sounds were authentic, never questioned that. :aok
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Thing

• Zinc Member
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2007, 03:21:38 AM »
I am terrible at downloading things and saving them.  How do I download the p47 soundpack without screwing it up.  :rolleyes:

Thanks

Thing
"IrishOne I'm gonna kick your fvking ass"

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
Re: Fruda's Dedicated Sound Packs
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2008, 12:23:08 PM »
It'll be a while before I get to working on the sounds again, as there are more important things that I have to spend my money on right now (I can't yet afford $15 a month *plus* $120 for a new GPU).

That said, keep waiting and new packs will be done... Eventually.

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
Hi Fruda,
 Thanks to you and the others who put their time into these sound packs. I like your spit 8 sounds but noticed the engine start seems to be a bit short. It sounds like it has already started by the time the smoke billows and prop turns over. I was wondering if I got a bad download or if it is just my system? I am on a really slow laptop right now. Also, does anyone have any tutorials on creating sound files? I can't seem to find anything on the BBS. Well, just curious, thanks again.
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2008, 11:32:33 PM »
Hi Fruda,
 Thanks to you and the others who put their time into these sound packs. I like your spit 8 sounds but noticed the engine start seems to be a bit short. It sounds like it has already started by the time the smoke billows and prop turns over. I was wondering if I got a bad download or if it is just my system? I am on a really slow laptop right now. Also, does anyone have any tutorials on creating sound files? I can't seem to find anything on the BBS. Well, just curious, thanks again.

I'm betting it's your slow computer, as I formatted all of the sounds to go well over the normal engstart file's runtime (8.765 seconds).

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2008, 01:57:14 AM »
Roger, thanks, think you're right. Thanks again.
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2008, 04:25:47 PM »
any download links that are active I tried a couple but they no longer exist.

I'm very happy with my current hybrid sounds but would like to see if Frudas engine noises for the spit and pony are better?

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2008, 11:04:15 PM »
any download links that are active I tried a couple but they no longer exist.

I'm very happy with my current hybrid sounds but would like to see if Frudas engine noises for the spit and pony are better?

Sitesled often does maintenance. The links are working again, so get the Mustang and Spit packs. You'll love the real sound of the Merlins and Griffon (no plural there, as only one plane in the whole set uses a Griffon).

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2008, 12:24:34 AM »
Fruda:
Thanks!  I have been waiting for your packs to become available again.  I was curious of on thing: for the guns and engine sounds you have the regular sound like sound.wav and then a soundi.wav.  What is the difference (other than they sound different)?
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2008, 05:02:17 PM »
Fruda:
Thanks!  I have been waiting for your packs to become available again.  I was curious of on thing: for the guns and engine sounds you have the regular sound like sound.wav and then a soundi.wav.  What is the difference (other than they sound different)?

sounds with an I at the end are internal recordings, so if you want that truly "in the cockpit" experience, rename all of the normal sounds (for example, Eng becomes EngX), and then take the I off of each internal sound. It's much, much different.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2008, 04:15:47 AM »
Fruda,

Your Engine on/off sounds are truly superb!

Thanks for your hard work and effort getting them done.  Thanks for the I explanation aswell that helps. 

Bruv
 :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2008, 10:02:09 PM »
Why is this thread no longer stickied?

Edit: Never mind, it was a problem with my browser. Weird.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2008, 09:07:26 PM »
Well, things are (slowly) picking up, so in a few more months, I should be working on sounds again.

I know, I know, it's a long time, but it's better than never working on them again. It's just that I have to spend money on items of higher priority before my computer gets anything extra. Even so, if things go better than expected, I might even be able to work on sounds again within the next few weeks.

Be patient, there will be more. Eventually.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2008, 01:17:18 AM »
Fruda, would be great if you can find some Axis stuff,  I have most of the allied rides sounding superb thanks to several different packs.

I guess there is limited japanese and german material.

The Few ***
F.P.H