Author Topic: Fruda's Dedicated Sound Packs  (Read 73618 times)

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Fruda's Dedicated Sound Packs
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2008, 12:04:50 PM »
Fruda needs to make some more sounds! These are definitely the best sounds.. except for the stall ones, needs to be constant instead of clicking.. had to grab stallsound from some other pack. flap sounds are a bit low too I find.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
I'm fairly certain that the USAAF aircraft had stall clickers, not buzzers. And as for the flap sounds, they're meant to be lower in the mix so as to convey a better sense of realism. Having everything up front in the mix reduces the effect of being in the cockpit, so I never have every sound at 100% volume.

Regarding Axis aircraft, the material available is either really bad, really bland, from completely different aircraft, or was recorded and cut so poorly that there's no way to make a decent sound file out of it. I do have complete sound sets for the Messerschmitts (even the 262), though I haven't quite gotten around to completing my work on them. The FW-190s are a different story, as there are authentic sounds for them, but it takes a long time to find the source material and piece it all together, especially for the Dora... So, a 190 set shouldn't be that far off.

But for the Japanese aircraft, it's not so easy. I've got authentic sounds for the Mitsubishi aircraft, though not complete sets. The Ki-61 uses the DB601, so it naturally sounds the same as a Bf-109F-4. The Ki-84, though, is a different story... The engine is similar to the Pratt & Whitney R-2800, yet it's much smaller and has about the same power output. I've got a few recordings that say they're authentic, but the information given is dubious at best, and the sound quality is bordering on pathetic. The best I can do for the Japanese aircraft that use the engine that's in the Ki-84 (don't remember the name off hand) is do more research, and find some source material that's at least close to authentic.

All of this being said, I've got complete sounds for virtually the entire planeset (save for the Typhoon and Tempest, as there's pretty much a complete lack of source material for them, oddly enough). It just takes time and effort to get everything done with the exact level of quality that is necessary, and have every sound normalised on the same basic scale I use for added depth (loud engines, loud guns, lower flaps and gears, etc.). It's a long and sometimes annoying process, but it's worth it, and you'll see that firsthand when I release my bomber pack (there's a very specific way bomber engine sounds have to be normalised so that they're displayed properly --- if the Eng file is at 100% for a four-engine bomber, the engine sounds combined will be very muddy and distorted, and it's similar for two-engine aircraft; this means that when the sound files are properly normalised, you get that distinctive "roar" that only multi-engine aircraft make).

And when I'm done with the planeset, I might venture into GV sounds.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2008, 02:25:27 AM »
Um... where can I get the sounds? None of the links work...

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2008, 11:04:48 AM »
www.sitesled.com/members/fruda

For some reason, the links that have been given in this thread have been transformed into links to the Custom Sounds and Skins frontpage. I'm guessing it has something to do with all of the recent forum maintenance.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2008, 07:25:13 AM »
Fruda are we having anymore sound packs?  :aok awesome work by the way

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2008, 04:15:05 PM »
More will be coming, don't worry. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when.

Though it won't be too long from now.

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2008, 10:08:43 PM »
Like everyone else fruda, I have to say WTG on the sounds!  Ranger does a fine job and I like his.  I love Mistus blast sounds, his aircraft sounds make me feel like Im on the wing. 

As a pilot, Id have to say yours sound the most lifelike.  Keep up the good work.  Dont rush anything.  We wont accept anything other than perfection.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2008, 10:00:33 PM »
Like everyone else fruda, I have to say WTG on the sounds!  Ranger does a fine job and I like his.  I love Mistus blast sounds, his aircraft sounds make me feel like Im on the wing. 

As a pilot, Id have to say yours sound the most lifelike.  Keep up the good work.  Dont rush anything.  We wont accept anything other than perfection.

Thanks.

Perfection is the reason I release my sounds in small packages, and it's also the reason it takes so long for me to finish them. Making perfect loops, cleaning up source material, and mixing all of the files to sound as they should is pretty tough work, as I aim to standardise all of my material so that it has a flow to it.

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2008, 10:12:01 AM »
I just downloaded your packs and they do sound really good. Are there any others besides the Corsair, P51s, P47s, and Spitfires?
Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2008, 03:17:36 PM »
I just downloaded your packs and they do sound really good. Are there any others besides the Corsair, P51s, P47s, and Spitfires?

At the moment, no... Though I am working on several packs at the moment, chief among them the Lavochkins.

Offline TheMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2008, 10:12:46 AM »
Okay people, I just uploaded five new sound packs to my site.

Bf 109
F4U Corsair
P-47
P-51
Spitfire

All packs contain sound files for each plane in the series.

www.sitesled.com/members/frudaapparently u cant upload links dude lol . Ive been chasing around on these forums forever looking for a good link. You say that 38s and 109s are ready for download when i click link , shows me the same old ones i got . F4 , p51 , spit , and jug , thats it where the 38 ??? and 109

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2008, 07:36:04 AM »
I had some 38 and 109 packs, but this is no longer the case. The ones I'm working on now will be up sometime; the exact time, I'm not sure. This isn't an easy process, especially when one is as busy as I am.

I do know for a fact that I took down those 38 and 109 packs a long time ago.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2008, 03:03:52 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why did you remove them?

Thanks for your other soundpacks, by the way.  They are awesome! :rock
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2008, 06:50:05 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why did you remove them?

Thanks for your other soundpacks, by the way.  They are awesome! :rock

I felt they weren't quite up to the standards of the others, and would do no good remaining on my site. I think I made the right decision.

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »
Dr. Fruda, ( :))

Skuzzy said that custom sounds can degrade your systems performance and chomp on CPU.  Would you know if your sounds are
more or less better than the others in the regard?