Author Topic: What IS so bad about PETA?  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Jayclark

• Copper Member
What IS so bad about PETA?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004, 01:08:36 PM »
:D

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2004, 01:10:49 PM »
The problem is MOST of them....at least MOST of their active members ARE extremests.  Most hunters I know are in fact conservationist, they don't want the land that they use and hunt to be destroyed.  The animals they kill they DO in fact use for food.

The main problem I have is that they ALLOW these extrememsts to be among their organization and applaud what they do.

EXAMPLE:  Sitting outside a KFC and handing out buckets of blood and chicken parts to children along with a comic book talking about how momy and daddy are mosters cause they eat meat is WRONG any way you look at it.  

I don't mind somone who is an activist for animal rights as far as cruelty goes but when you want to be a facist oppresive moron and mess with childrens heads you cross the line.

No not all their members are like this BUT these few are not denounced nor are their actions wich tells me that PETA supports these measures.

That's why I have a problem with PETA

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2004, 01:20:31 PM »
Gunslinger,

What is wrong with handing out.....
: Sitting outside a KFC and handing out buckets of blood and chicken parts to children

Seriously.....that is a bit wrong....but you can eat them....just like you can eat worms, ants, cockroaches....etc

Im messing with you Gun.....

Take this for an example.....I am in the USAF.....I fly for a living and train others to make the USA safer and a better place to live.....about 2 months ago I organized a neighborhood cleanup/beautification......hmmmmm sounds good right?

My ECO NAZI neighbor was opposed because I drive an SUV.....

HMMMM.... I asked her what the problem was.....she said and I quote....."YOU DRIVE AN SUV, YOU DONT CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT".....

I said WTF.......?.....I keep dogs that are strayed....I breed endangerd species fish and plants in my fish tanks.....

OHHHH NO......the bottom line was I drove an SUV and I was in the USAF......

HUNNY....WTF.......What are you doing......

Her response......ready.....???????

"I am raising my children to respect nature"

OMG.....I clean the trails by my house......I make our neighborhood NICE for people who live here.....ETC

So what does she do...?????

Ok off my soap box......

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2004, 01:27:01 PM »
Originally posted by guttboy
Gunslinger,

What is wrong with handing out.....
: Sitting outside a KFC and handing out buckets of blood and chicken parts to children

Seriously.....that is a bit wrong....but you can eat them....just like you can eat worms, ants, cockroaches....etc

Im messing with you Gun.....

Take this for an example.....I am in the USAF.....I fly for a living and train others to make the USA safer and a better place to live.....about 2 months ago I organized a neighborhood cleanup/beautification......hmmmmm sounds good right?

My ECO NAZI neighbor was opposed because I drive an SUV.....

HMMMM.... I asked her what the problem was.....she said and I quote....."YOU DRIVE AN SUV, YOU DONT CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT".....

I said WTF.......?.....I keep dogs that are strayed....I breed endangerd species fish and plants in my fish tanks.....

OHHHH NO......the bottom line was I drove an SUV and I was in the USAF......

HUNNY....WTF.......What are you doing......

Her response......ready.....???????

"I am raising my children to respect nature"

OMG.....I clean the trails by my house......I make our neighborhood NICE for people who live here.....ETC

So what does she do...?????

Ok off my soap box......

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

If she does not already belong to PETA, she is just the kind of wacko they are looking for.

eskimo

Offline Muckmaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2004, 01:31:22 PM »
INDY.....

Trust me I know on the ELF front.........personal experience with those tards.....

Elaborate, please.

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2004, 01:39:15 PM »
OK,
 I shoot them.
 I eat them.
 I ware them.
 I pay for their habitat with my licenses fees, the tax from the ammo I buy, and the 5 billion forms I have to fill out. I have to find new game areas because there having a sit-in on animals habitat land (By the way, the animals don't come back there because the PETA goonies shooed them into local neighborhoods, now there is dear dodo and dog dodo in my yard) and I WILL NOT shoot them because this is America and they can dodo it.

JUST REMEMBER THIS!
 When the ribs are on the barby and the grease is dripping in the fire, the flames can be seen for miles and the smell is better than s#x

Going home now to fire it up!
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2004, 01:56:29 PM »
Originally posted by Muckmaw1

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INDY.....

Trust me I know on the ELF front.........personal experience with those tards.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elaborate, please.

Yeah I wanna hear this one too :)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2004, 02:02:38 PM »
Originally posted by Phaser11
OK,
 I shoot them.
 I eat them.
 I ware them.
 I pay for their habitat with my licenses fees, the tax from the ammo I buy, and the 5 billion forms I have to fill out. I have to find new game areas because there having a sit-in on animals habitat land (By the way, the animals don't come back there because the PETA goonies shooed them into local neighborhoods, now there is dear dodo and dog dodo in my yard) and I WILL NOT shoot them because this is America and they can dodo it.

JUST REMEMBER THIS!
 When the ribs are on the barby and the grease is dripping in the fire, the flames can be seen for miles and the smell is better than s#x

I would wonder why PETA tards would want animals to starv to death rather be shot and eaten???  I read a story about a forrest that was absolutly barren from 6ft up to ground level because the deer there were no longer hunted.  THe deer overpopulated and ATE everything except for the trees and other animals.  This cause all the small critters to die off and now the trees are rotting out because there's nothing to cover the ground soil to protect it.

I wish I still  had that link.....but besides that most outdoorsmen themselves are enironmentalist in most ways.  They beleive in the preservation of land and nature.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2004, 02:03:15 PM »
Originally posted by Phaser11
OK,
 I shoot them.
 I eat them.
 I ware them.

JUST REMEMBER THIS!

I would wonder why PETA tards would want animals to starv to death rather be shot and eaten???  I read a story about a forrest that was absolutly barren from 6ft up to ground level because the deer there were no longer hunted.  THe deer overpopulated and ATE everything except for the trees and other animals.  This cause all the small critters to die off and now the trees are rotting out because there's nothing to cover the ground soil to protect it.

I wish I still  had that link.....but besides that most outdoorsmen themselves are enironmentalist in most ways.  They beleive in the preservation of land and nature.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2004, 02:19:12 PM »
I pay for their habitat with my licenses fees, the tax from the ammo I buy, and the 5 billion forms I have to fill out.

ROFLMAO....

I'm sure the poor furry animals appreciate your donation.:aok
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2004, 03:50:13 PM »
PETA’s mission statement sounds reasonable because they are very savy at marketing. The reality though is that the mission and the mission statement are two different things. For example, their founders are on record being opposed to people having pets. They are against any medical research involving animals because they feel that a mouse’s life is worth the same as a person’s. And so on.

Of course you can’t get 800,000 people to donate money in support of those ideas. So they promote their organization as an animal welfare organization, knowing that the vast majority of donors read their advertisements but don’t take the time to find out what they’re really trying to do.

Originally posted by Gunslinger
I would wonder why PETA tards would want animals to starv to death rather be shot and eaten???  

Because like many people in society these days, they are so out of touch with the reality of the natural world that they think nature is like a Disney move. At night when people aren’t looking, the wolves get together with the deer and have little parties, sing songs, and drink hot cidar.

They’re not tards, just clueless.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2004, 04:20:45 PM »
Out of touch with reality, like suggesting wildlife exists because you buy a gun license and pay taxes on ammunition?  That kind of out of touch with reality?

PETA simply exeplifies the old adage that "too much of a good thing is bad".

They go waaaaaay too far with their extreme views and actually cause more harm than good in many instances, but the "idea" of the movement is a good one.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2004, 04:55:01 PM »
Human brain development and evolution is directly linked to the consumation of proteins found specifically in meat.

I take comfort that in my beliefs of evolution, and that inferior human bloodlines will die off, specifically those commonly found to be the extreme wings of organisations such as PETA.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2004, 05:51:42 PM »
PETA is absolutely stupid. Now this is coming from a staunch leftist (note that I didn't say Democrat).

Animals are a part of the food chain. We're at the top of it. Animals eat other animals, and we eat the animals that eat those animals. We need meat for development (and the flavor, the FLAVOR!!!). We need meat to sustain ourselves.

I just cannot stand extremist animal rights people. Seriously, a rat's life isn't nearly as valuable as a person's, so we *should* be able to perform tests on them freely and frequently.

However, I wouldn't say the same for a dog or a cat. This is quite a complex issue, yes... But PETA makes things very difficult.

I say down with PETA.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Re: What IS so bad about PETA?
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2004, 06:00:37 PM »

Originally posted by the whole thread except Furball

sums up my thoughts

furby.. nothing against you, just not supporting peta, you were the one asking why they so bad.
I don't know what to put here yet.