Author Topic: Successful air combat  (Read 634 times)

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Successful air combat
« on: December 31, 2004, 09:48:44 AM »
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Scaevola

• Copper Member
Successful air combat
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 11:20:20 AM »
Heh, I was expecting a big long list of do's and don'ts.

I'm wondering if any of them got called

1) Alt Monkey
2) Cherry Picker
3) Dweeb

The humiliation for them returning from a successful sortie if they had must have turned them crimson as they painted another little plane on their fusalage.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Successful air combat
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 06:30:08 PM »
Here we go again, think this is an  "annual" thread.
I come from a land downunder

Offline Colt44

• Silver Member
Interesting
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 06:26:08 AM »
I have an old friend who fought simulators back in the early 90's.  He flew against fighter pilots in annual events and won often.   He really thought he had the right stuff.  

He once said to a "real" fighter Pilot, whom he had just beat in a simulation, that he would like to see how he handled the "real" thing.  The Pilot said "Okay, lets play agian.  But this time we will get two big guys to stand behind our chairs holding baseball bats with sharp nails in them.  Who ever scores the fatal hit gets the whack to the head."  " Are you game?"

A clear perspective can truly humble a man.  

In the "real" world, I'd take any advantage I can get.  But, lets just have some fun in AHII.  Fly any way your little heart desires.

Offline Slammin

• Zinc Member
Re: Interesting
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 06:36:52 PM »
Originally posted by Colt44
I have an old friend who fought simulators back in the early 90's.  He flew against fighter pilots in annual events and won often.   He really thought he had the right stuff.  

He once said to a "real" fighter Pilot, whom he had just beat in a simulation, that he would like to see how he handled the "real" thing.  The Pilot said "Okay, lets play agian.  But this time we will get two big guys to stand behind our chairs holding baseball bats with sharp nails in them.  Who ever scores the fatal hit gets the whack to the head."  " Are you game?"

A clear perspective can truly humble a man.  

In the "real" world, I'd take any advantage I can get.  But, lets just have some fun in AHII.  Fly any way your little heart desires.

Well said