Author Topic: P47 Tips for a LW Jockey....  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Scot

• Nickel Member
P47 Tips for a LW Jockey....
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2001, 11:48:00 AM »
< In his best Gestapo voice.. > "You never retire from JG14 Herr Drex ... "

Some of the guys have come over periodically ( Jagr, Wulfie, Smil and Dolfo I think. Mo even trickled in during the pre 1.0 days ). Most of the Blackshirts are hanging with Brand X because we still have MAC side guys.

Congratulations on you incoming addition. We just had a daughter May 4th   :D .

<S>, Good Luck, and I'll look you up!

Scot
3./JG2
"Swagger's Bandits"

P.S. <LOL> Rip

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2001, 01:41:00 PM »
Hehe that is true once a 14 always a 14.  Great to see some of you guys putting sometime in over here.

Rip...If I will be walking funny how did you get mobile with always having a cow here>  :)

Drex

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2001, 02:00:00 PM »
Congrats Drex!

Hey Am0n,

Yes the Jug is tough, but the main reason you lived was likely because the Spit pilot only had .303's as his MG load.  The .303's are pretty much only good for making noise on the big American iron.  The .50's are a bit better, and he might have knocked a bit or two off with those... after a while.  :)

Offline Bozon12

• Zinc Member
      • http://t2.technion.ac.il/~snordon/bozon
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2001, 11:55:00 AM »
Note on the armor: I got into a slow low fight after attacking a base against a spit fire. I out scissored him and he was flinging bullets at me the whole time i was pulling the manuever. He must have burned all his cannon rounds trying to get a shot on my scissors because he started landing sustained hits and many many of them doing no damage. he was 400 back decending and getting countless hits on me. he emptied all his 303s into me, he was outta ammo and i was 100% in shape.  

Hey AmOn, when was that?
sounds like a fight I had about two month ago, in s spit defending a knit base full of nme jugs and 109...
got 2 down and found a low jug on my nose - YAM!
but had only 6 20mm shells (which i wasted into the thin air) and lots of .303's. I followed the jug covering him with flashes from wing tip to wing tip, again and again with no reslts. had about 600 bullets and emptied them all for no effect  :)
then was left with no ammo + slow + low on fuel + under a horde of 109's = dead.
since then I always take the 0.5 guns instead  :)

Bozon

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2001, 12:21:00 PM »
Bozon

That happened the night before i posted it happening. If it had been 2 months ago you would have killed me with the 6 20mm rounds. i was a easy target hehe
(i just started playing around 2 months ago)   :)

Lephturn

I figured thats what it was, i knew for sure he was outta 20mms because of the first 2 burst he hit me with done nothing, and even with all that armor i would have had some damage, they were nice hits so it sounded. Those 303s didnt do nothing but mess up my nice creame paint job.  :D

the jug is a tank with wings, ive put many 50cals in a enemy jug to have him fly off and out extend me. in order to do damage to one with any MG imo you gotta be real close(unless you got a 6-8 50 rack, even then i would recomend being very close).

Id say your best bet with light mgs (2-50s, 4-303s or less) is to aim for the wing tip, seems to be its only soft spot.