Author Topic: Getting the 190's nose around  (Read 1697 times)

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Getting the 190's nose around
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2000, 02:00:00 AM »
Hehe, titanium   in fact IMHO 190 is an easier plane to fly that 109...but much harder to fight with it. As I didnt had rudder pedals until a couple of months ago, I had to go only with my hated 2-button-and-throttle yoke alone...and 109 needs a lot of rudder input only to fly it.

But yes, in a G10 you rule the engagement, when to disengage and when to re-engage. with a Fw190 your only chance to break a fight against faster planes in advantage is dive right to the deck and pray for help as you run...or stay and fight...and die (or not)   I usually do the last choice...thats why I use to die a lot  

Mauser, I was glad to give those tips. I love 190 a lot and Its good to see that people start to like it...until only 2-3 weeks it was a forgotten plane, even in JG2...most people flew G10, but when they discovered the 190 a lot of them changed their mind (but still not planes LOL!   ).

I do remember that fight. Yes I do remember that ack "problem"   ...but is not a serious problem for me any more, as nearly 33% of my current kills are diving through the ack  

I do remember those wonderful evasive moves, so dont worry, keep flying the 190 and you'll learn its ways. Is a tough plane but a rewarding one, too.

Whenever you want gimme a call and we'll go into TA and fly some H2H and I'd be glad to give you some more tips on it.

------------------
Ram, out

Fw190D9? Ta152H1? The truth is out there
JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 05-22-2000).]

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2000, 12:51:00 PM »
RAM, one note about FW190 VS. F4U.

The Hog IS possibly the best FW killer there is, with the possible exception of the P47.

The FW has one advantage VS. the F4U, accelleration.  The F4U is one of the WORST accellerating planes in AH, and the FW is one of the best.  You can pull low-speed manuevers in the FW and if you can suck the F4U into slowing down, you can then use a flick-and-flee or some other manuever to gain a bit of separation and accellerate away in a shallow dive.  You WILL out-run the F4U if you are both slow to start with.

I love finding FW's when I'm cruising in my F4U-1D... the one plane that can't out-turn me!  Woohoo! <G>

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs
Visit Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH news, resources, and training data.
 http://users.andara.com/~sconrad/

"MY P-47 is a pretty good ship
And she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip
I was thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip
Always got me through so far
Well they can ship me all over this great big world
But I'll never find nothing like my North End girl
I'm taking her home with me one day, sir
Soon as we win this war"
 - Steve Earl

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2000, 02:05:00 PM »

Originally posted by Lephturn:
RAM, one note about FW190 VS. F4U.

The Hog IS possibly the best FW killer there is, with the possible exception of the P47.

The FW has one advantage VS. the F4U, accelleration.  The F4U is one of the WORST accellerating planes in AH, and the FW is one of the best

Lehpt I used to think just that...until I saw Bee's numbers on his test on acceleration...the only planes that really put their head over the rest were La5 and me109G10...F4U accelerates worse than a Fw190...but not enough to make the difference be noted.

And about P47...well...we'll see. I dont know very well P47D's speed numbers at altitudes and on the deck. I dont know its wingloading compared with Fw190. I know its rollrate was very good...but that doesnt make it a 190 killer in the moment  

Maybe is 190 the Jug killer, not the inverse  

hehehe  

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2000, 08:57:00 AM »
Posted by RAM..."low speed 51 handling is awful".

"Nothing outturns a 190 at speed (above 300)", or something like that

Flown correctly, the 51 will not be slow(you must be fightin rookies RAM )

If you believe the 190 outturns a 51 above 300, come find me the next time your online and I'll disprove that theory quick

Love ya Man!

Rude Out!

funked

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2000, 09:07:00 AM »
Due to the blackout code, all the planes in the game have the same turn rate and radius at 300 mph if you fly at the edge of blackout...

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2000, 11:02:00 AM »
Great post RAM,

I think I gonna stick to the Wuerger for a while - have to train for Dora if we ever get it    

Still don't have the feeling for the 190 as I have for the G10 which I begin to fly outta the stomach - only die when I try stupid stuff (which sadly happens a lot of times)...

But still I am having a great time in the 190 - deliberatetly scissored for the first time in my life yesterday and it worked!!! against a P51 that is - you got the (manouver-) kill though but it was fun.

One note about the P51 - don't underestimate its low speed handling. If flown by a pro it's deadly at all speeds. I remember Hangtime (now that's a pro) to outturn me in a Nikki (flew it very much in Beta) in a low altitude, low speed fight. I even posted a thread on that subject loooong time ago. When using small yo-yo's a P51 can keep up with mostly anything out there. Even in a low level-flat-turn it can keep up with a G10. I discovered the use of flaps in that one...   Although I don't feel the slightest sympathy towards *any* allied plane   the P51 surprised me with its overall fighting abilites. The fact that mostly don't fear it is that a lot of below-ace-level pilot fly it nowadays - and then a pony is quickly brought into very bad (or good for the opponent) situation... ooooh - and I don't like them running away from my G10!!

Won't say a word about the cannon hog - tending to ingore it - I am really sorry for all those D-model drivers out there!

------------------
~Kirin~

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by Kirin (edited 05-24-2000).]
Real men fly Radial!

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2000, 11:50:00 AM »
As an  F4U-1D driver RAM, I've had smart 190 pilots flick-and-flee on me many times in AH.  I can't catch them if we start slow.  If an FW gets the fight down under 200 with less than 5k of diving room under them, the FW can check out with even 2.0K separation in my experience.

I've not seen the accelleration figures you mention, but I've had to give up chasing FW's that bugged out on me many times.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs
Visit Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH news, resources, and training data.
 http://users.andara.com/~sconrad/

"MY P-47 is a pretty good ship
And she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip
I was thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip
Always got me through so far
Well they can ship me all over this great big world
But I'll never find nothing like my North End girl
I'm taking her home with me one day, sir
Soon as we win this war"
 - Steve Earl

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2000, 08:08:00 AM »

Originally posted by Rude:
Posted by RAM..."low speed 51 handling is awful".
It is, rude... it rolls SLOW!, it turns BAD!...and it accelerates very bad.
Fw190 cant turn a toejam ,but the roll and acceleration gives it the upper hand over a P51 if both are slow.

"Nothing outturns a 190 at speed (above 300)", or something like that  
CC, Fw190 high speed E retention is the best in AH...so at say 400mph I can start a 2G sustained turn and I'll make the enemy bleed E.
P51 is near 190 regarding that, yes...but still 190 is better  

Flown correctly, the 51 will not be slow(you must be fightin rookies RAM  )
Agreed   but not-so-rookies still go down to 250 mph...and I can outmanouver a 51 at those speeds and win a snapshot. (other thing is that I can take it and fire...I usually have no hands to fire   This FUC"%ˇ$NG yoke has only 2 buttons).

Dhog

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2000, 12:55:00 PM »
Ram,
Out of curiosity, do you use IAS ro TAS in all above comments?

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2000, 02:10:00 PM »
All speed references are in IAS speed. That is the "real" speed for your control surfaces, so I always do the numbers in IAS.

Offline Purzel

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2000, 04:42:00 AM »
Hi there and especially RAM!

Now this post was great! Im a n ewbie and id like to see some of these comparements for all the planes in AH. You know ive seen alot concerning War birds or whatéver, but in this thingie u are supposed to find out yourselfes.
I could really use it since i ran more than once into a fight choosing the completely wrong tactic - guess what happened :-))

So if some of the vets would please just set up a Page or whatever where the planes can be compared to each other?
`To me it would be great help, dont know what other newbies think.

------------------
CU

Purzel

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2000, 07:18:00 AM »
HI, Purzel...

SO far the only page focused on aces HIgh's aircraft is Mandoble's...I was given the chance in do the comments on Me109s , and Mandoble has done a great work in the other planes. THere are a couple of them still to be commented, tho.

The bad thing is that the Page is in Spanish, as both Mandoble and I are spanish. I think he wanted to do the translation into english but he hasnt found anyone to do the translation...(our english really sucks so we arent able to do it)

Anyway I'll give you the URL. Hope this helps.
 http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s/

See you  

------------------
Ram, out

Fw190D9? Ta152H1? The truth is out there
JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 05-31-2000).]

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2000, 05:01:00 PM »
You for got La5, la5 is scary in the 190. and i dont think the f4u is a problem, i can whoop on it now. Oh an p51, i have more fear of it than you.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2000, 05:20:00 PM »
La5----->nyam nyam   If you follow my advices you will kill it on first pass or run away. No fear here  

F4U----->does everything the Fw190 does,and it does better.

P51----->fast but you can outmaneouver it. If met coE I dont fear P51 in a Fw190.

of course you may have your ways to combat them  

Offline Extreme

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2000, 01:28:00 AM »
If Daniko is still hangind around the board, it'd be interesting to hear his tactics.  Daniko and a couple of other guys (from WB, can't remember who they were - Rudu I think was one) are the only ones I've seen maneuver the 190 like noone else I've seen.  I was flying a Nik in AH when I encountered Daniko.  Although I won that encounter, it was damn close.  The other encounters in WB were similar experiences where I was flying a spit9.

The maneuver goes something like this, although I've never been able to duplicate it:

1. nose-to-nose merge
2. quick zoom high, roll and head back down for another nose-to-nose merge.
3. repeat 2 until you kill 'em.

At least this was how it looked to me.  Step 2 was amazingly fast.  I've tried many times to do this without success.

If these guys hang around this board, it'd be cool to know how they do it.

Ex.