Author Topic: Over sensitive Rudder/Stick...  (Read 462 times)

Offline Cozzey

• Zinc Member
Over sensitive Rudder/Stick...
« on: January 10, 2005, 09:01:40 PM »
Im fairly new to the AHII and I love it! but I seem to over use the rudder during close combat...particularly when shooting...My rudder is the twist of the stick...How can I make the rudder less sensitive?...Isnt there some sort of dampining feature in the set up?  Thanks for any help....Cozey JG-3 Udet!

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 09:09:27 PM »
On the clipboard get to settings...Joystick....

Find the Damper and stuff....adjust em for your rudder.

Takes a lil fine tuning..but youll see a difference.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Re: Over sensitive Rudder/Stick...
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 11:00:20 PM »
Originally posted by Cozzey
Im fairly new to the AHII and I love it! but I seem to over use the rudder during close combat...particularly when shooting...My rudder is the twist of the stick...How can I make the rudder less sensitive?...Isnt there some sort of dampining feature in the set up?  Thanks for any help....Cozey JG-3 Udet!

Don't use damping , set the slider controls, try it something like this for rudder

I come from a land downunder

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Re: Over sensitive Rudder/Stick...
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 11:43:57 PM »
Originally posted by Redd
Don't use damping , set the slider controls, try it something like this for rudder

or for your Rudder Axis just add in a smidge of Dead Band (1/8 to 1/4 inch off the bottom) so in minimal twist will not have any effect  when  you shooting and turning but a good twist will still have the full effect you desire.......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 08:47:31 AM »
Cozzey

Redtop, Redd & TC are all correct.

All of the above.

I fly with more deadband on my rudder than any other axis.  This sets the point at which twisting the rudder will actually start moving the planes rudder.  Very handy for a twisty stick (I've flown them myself for 9 years)

Setting the sliders is also a good idea, especially if you want something other than
no rudder, then full rudder.

Adjusting the scales lets you find the right balance. Just remember no major changes at first, test what you've done, then adjust again.

Best way to test when you have it right is as a gunner in a bomber.

Panning the gun back & forth should not result in the bomber turning.  If it does, set deadband up a smidge more, or sliders a bit lower on the left.

Once you can pan the gun back & forth smoothly without affeecting the plane, then try turning the plane from the gunners position.  You should still be able to do so.

Offline Cozzey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 11:22:06 AM »
Thanks Alot All for your help...Much better!

Cozzey  JG-3 Udet