Author Topic: Stupidity awards  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Stupidity awards
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2000, 12:01:00 AM »
Or how about, `Well, It isn't good to park on a buffs six, but I'm sure my cannons will kill him first this TIME!...ratatatatatata..ping..snap ...another BUFF downs Sundog....GGrrrrrr..I know better, I know better'....

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Stupidity awards
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2000, 12:18:00 AM »
Well, I am sure it has been done before.  

The day the 190 came out, up I go.  Flying along happily.  I look below.  What do I see but Hitech, Natedog and Superfly all tied up in a massive furball going around and around.  To make this even better, the wad was in a canyon.

Heavens to Mergatroid!  I think to myself "The Mother Fricking Lode!".  What a boon to save HiTech, Natedog and Superfly all at one time.  I would be the "Ace of Aces", the "Uber of Ubers" and the "King of the Sky".

Well to say the least, I got a little excited and going much to fast.  About the time I read "Don't move the controls so rapidly", I am almost sure they noticed my supersonic blur go by.  

Laser straight in the precision and airpspeed pegged, a full WEP power dive.  I was untouchable, and at least I had the guts not to bail out.  They had to have at least seen my crater.

Mino

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Stupidity awards
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2000, 05:21:00 AM »
ROFLMAO "Supersonic blur"....

I have a new one : Yesterday, attacked the Rook's base on my own...they mustavebeen 15/20 Rooks there...they sure had fun chasing me...

------------------
Saw/Saintaw
BISHOP'S FINEST FLYING BRICK

DCO 186th Wardogs (Falcon4 Squad)
 http://www.wardogs.org/
"Firepower Mate, that is what separates the men from the boys..."
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Stupidity awards
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2000, 07:17:00 AM »

Rofl!!!   Mino "Goes Diving Down" !!!!!
 That was very funny Mino.

Here, you have to read this:  http://www.concentric.net/~espottke/scav/igdd_2.htm

Back up to http://www.concentric.net/~espottke/scav/index.html  to read more  

--Westy

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Stupidity awards
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2000, 07:17:00 AM »
Was typing a message at about 18K for all the AH world to see:

"Here I am all by myself, in the wonderful worl......"

When Wardog blew me out of the sky!

------------------
Damn Ghostrider!  This bogey is all over me!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Gazoo

• Zinc Member
      • http://plaza.v-wave.com/SolarStorm/index.htm
Stupidity awards
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2000, 08:06:00 AM »
I had just joined the 401 Rams and decided to lead a mission. I was nervous and scared. But I preflew the route offline, set up the timing, fuel load and required ord.  I was ready.

Get everyone organized, OTR, call roll.  Man was I nervous, but it was looking perfect. Climb to an alt of 15 for the cross map trek. Settle down in autopilot at 75 throttle for some pics. Hmm, thought there should be more noise coming from the front end?  Seams in getting everyone else organized, I forgot to set up my own plane and was only carring 20% fuel. What was worse, is the raid would have worked perfect! A cross map theft of a main base, but we were 2 bombs short! Duh!

My 2nd Brain fart was as a flight lead in a Scenario Lite.  We rolled and the plan changed so As we climbed up to 25k I was busy typing out orders.  I was busy flying
and typing and not really watching the buffer.  What I failed to notice was that for the last two lines I had typed, I had failed to hit any correct radio key.  At the end of every line (that wasn't really typed), I hit <ENTER>. After 3 quick commands, I found myself with a very picturesque view of England and a flight of Hurricanes speeding away to do battle. All with the radio buffer asking did I know I was loosing altitude?

------------------
"Just Plane Nuts"
Gazoo
 http://plaza.v-wave.com/SolarStorm/index.htm

Offline MarkVZ

• Copper Member
Stupidity awards
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2000, 05:48:00 AM »
The time I was flying to a high base in a goon. "Sure, it's capped great!" comes somebody's response over the buffer.  Lotsa dots ahead, must be the vulchers.  5 seconds later, I'm a lone goon flying into a mass of 30 cons over this airfield, not a friendly in sight.  It was the funniest thing I've ever seen on Aces High. I lasted a truly amazing 15 seconds  

------------------
Mark VanZwoll
33rd Strike Group

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
Stupidity awards
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2000, 11:11:00 AM »
Dame...I'm soooo stupid..
I took one day a B17 for a spin, load it up and went for a flight.  I found a spot that I can fly throu mountans (huge mounten on one side and huge mounted on other side, and I'm flying between) I was just cruzzzing, trying to get some altitude..
all the suden I see "Russina 666" I get in the back turret. I see some high flying spit around 3k away. Now i'm just looking as he flying at same altitude, not doing anything...1min...2min...3min past and nothing...just flying there with out doing anything.  
I don't know why but this thought just came to me" WHO THE HELL IS FLYING THIS THING?"
I change view and right in front of my a wall..A BIG wall of durt..and I can't do anything about it. Can't turn right, can't turn left, and mountan is coming closer and closer.
 now i can see that he is just sitting in that spit and luffing his head of...."Ha heah heah nice flying russian"
after that i didn't show my face for a long time in AH....

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Stupidity awards
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2000, 04:14:00 AM »
Too late guys, I win.    I just accomplished the stupidest thing that I have ever done, and even filmed it.  First of all I made a perfect pass on a b26 and blew his wing off and set him smoking.  As he began his long, slow, death tumble to the ground, I thought, "Wow, this looks cool, I should film it!"  So I turned on the film recorder and made a slow turn around the b26's position, looking all the time out my side window.  I was thinking, "This is sooooo cool."  Just as the b26 hit the ground, PING, BANG, BOOM, "System: Handy #1 shot down bloom25."  I had just filmed myself get shot down without even knowing anyone else was nearby.  Not only that, I lost the kill.    I will put the film on here for all to see and amaze themselves at my stupidity.    ( Handy, never even looked in your direction.  Glad I got you back next sortie though.  I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't.)
http://www.ece.orst.edu/~bloom/stupid.ahf

I will expect my trophy ASAP, thank you.  

bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Stupidity awards
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2000, 12:04:00 AM »
He, you lose...
This afternoon I came into AH and finded one of my team mates flying yet, and so I went to my Fw190 ASAP to start flying...when I was in the middle of the road to his position he started calling me for help, he had several bogeys attacking him...I was 22k at this point so I released my drop tank and started to tell him that I was coming from high alt...the cavalry is coming !!!   ok I arrive and I find him between 3 bandits...I get my position, choose my target, i Spilt-s downwards...my target is to be surprised I am still not seen...I pull...I pull more...damn...I FORGOT TO EASE THROTTLE...PULL LIKE A MAD...
FFFIIIUUUUUUU CHASSSSS KLONK PLASSSS!!!!!!!!  
System: you are killed
well...I dont know If I'll awarded the stupidity championship, but the Oscat to the worse/Fastest dive is mine for sure!!!!
and for the most embarrasing situation...argggh  

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Stupidity awards
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2000, 05:13:00 AM »
The last Sunday I was returning to F5 after
a hard season hunting knigts with my F4U. I
was relaxed smoking a cigarette. And
then... ...ouch!!! The incandescent head was
between my fingers!!! I managed to shot down
the cigarette's head but my F4U was going
down at more than 500 mhp, half a wing blew
up, rudder gone also. I was able to ditch
the plane near F5, pointing just toward the
runaway. After ditching, my plane lost both wings and all the tail controls. But the engine was untouched, so, I switched on the
engine again and WEP. I was repting like a
snake at 1 mph, with no landing gear. After
ten minutes I reached the runaway, stop the
engine and got the message "Landing
successful".  

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Stupidity awards
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2000, 09:26:00 AM »
Sorry guys, I can beat these hands down.
Consider:
A. I'm flying a B-26 on an acksweeping raid, coming in about 15-16k.  Someone's begging on country channel to gun.  I normally gun my own, but hey-- this is a milk run, and besides, I've got 5x.50 cal.
FNG gets on board.
"How do you operate guns?"
"Use the joystick"
"I don't have a joystick."
Uh oh.  I seem to have forgotten the dot command to kick someone out of your plane.  I try to ask him to leave.
"Why?" he asks in between wasting ammo.
Now here comes a spit into vis range.  He's setting up the high six.  I'm desperately calling up the HTC website to get the command.
Not in time.  I bail and Alt-F4 before my corpse hits the ground.

B. 3 bus drives Over in Brand W.  1. Is similar to the C47 CFIT above.  Only this was in the days of "Mass bus raids" where you drop enough troops to confuse the acks.  We're NOE halfway there when the leader, afk, CFITs into a mountain.  2. It's a long range attack -- 40 miles over water as the crow flies.  We have two Jus and a couple bombers.  As I get near, I charge the field, door open, salvo set, but have to abort because the ack isn't down.  I orbit north.  The other guy orbits south.  Finally after about 12 minutes -- when rebuild makes any hope of getting another bus from base dashed -- they shut down the field.  I charge in, pickle and ...
I must have slipped and dropped all the paratroopers into the water, below min safe parachute height.
3. A sneak attack on a main field in the back.  My CO acksweeps in a B17.  I've got the bus.  He calls clear.  I charge in.  I'd been practicing the "max-effort" landing where you skid, break the wing off on the tower and stop feet away, giving the troops a  20 second walk.  It's great if the field is capped or you're expected a rebuilt.  neither of these conditions obtains here.  I come in too hot, clip the wing and my wreck goes flying into the side of a hangar.  Doh!

C. I'm flying a B-26 to finish off HQ in the NE corner, and I don't realise I have icons turned off.  It's the spit at d.2 on my 6 that reminds me, just before chewing the plane up.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Stupidity awards
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2000, 10:10:00 AM »
Dropped tank on FW190, when I spotted a F4U uber-nosed hog at a slighly higher alt.  He came right at me, I was too slow to try to avoid a HO, and he was willing, so I went for it..only problem is, I didn't activate the Cannon after dropping tanks, thus pelted him with pathetic BB shot as he promptly blew me outta the air.

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Rip1~Warbirds~)

"In training, upon being told it was time to
solo, the instructor said, “You tried to kill
me enough times, now try it with a check pilot.”"

Offline WOOD1

• Zinc Member
Stupidity awards
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2000, 11:55:00 PM »
I'm just glad no one has nominated me for the award...yet.
WOOD1