Author Topic: more than one player per bomber?  (Read 690 times)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
more than one player per bomber?
« on: September 05, 2000, 11:27:00 PM »
I assume this is possible since so many positions are modeled? How does my buddy climb aboard the same aircraft?

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2000, 12:04:00 AM »

Originally posted by Viking:
I assume this is possible since so many positions are modeled? How does my buddy climb aboard the same aircraft?

Viking your buddy uses the .join command. This is simply typed in after you go to the text buffer / then .join name and it will tell you that "name" has asked to join your plane. You click on accept and he's in. It's harder to explain than to do. Try it and good luck.

------------------

No Mercy Asked, None Given, Just pass the ammo

[This message has been edited by Maverick (edited 09-06-2000).]
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2000, 11:22:00 AM »
"the .join command. This is simply typed in after you go to the text buffer / then .join name and it will tell you that "name" has asked to join your plane. You click on accept and he's in."

So, Nick goes to the message buffer and types in ".join", but how does the program know which aircraft he wants to join? Does he need to type ".join Viking" and then it comes up on my screen as ".join Nick"  ACCEPT Y/N? or similar?

thanks

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2000, 11:25:00 AM »
AH, I think it's coming. I checked and I see an .accept listed under the DOT commands also. So, he is going to type ".join GAMEID" which is probably "join Viking" and then I will type ".accept Viking" and he's in.

That leaves only one question. Where do I find my GAMEID so I can give it to him? Is it the same as my login name?

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited 09-06-2000).]

Offline WizOfClay

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2000, 11:51:00 AM »
hi viking,
for your friend to join you in a buff or whatever plane you're in, all he has to do is go to the text buffer by typing "/" then ".join gameid" where gameid is your name that appear in as an icon... i guess in your case it would be ".join viking" (all without the quotes)...  you have to be in a plane first though... once your friend hits enter, you'll get a dialog box that states "Accept Y/N"... click the "yes" button and your friend should be in...  you don't have to type in ".accept userid"...
also when you're friend doesn't want to sit with you anymore, you have to be back in the tower before he types in ".unjoin userid"...
hope this helps...
oh and your login id can be different from your userid... your userid being what you see in the "Roaster" area of the clipboard...
------------------
Wiz of TSM

"Eat, drink, and be merry. For tomorrow we die."
- Dave Matthews Band -

[This message has been edited by WizOfClay (edited 09-06-2000).]

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2000, 03:07:00 PM »
Thanks much Wiz. I'm actually in Kelowna BC so we are fellow Canucks  

Incidentally, there was a step missing in your instruction, at least it worked diff for me.

I had to go to the ROSTER and then select my buddy. Then I hit the TUNE IN button. Then when I typed ".join FILTHY" the accept button came up for him and I was whizzed in the Mitchell. Wow.. way cool. I'll be documenting all this for an article on the TM web site..  

Thanks again,

Viking1

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited 09-06-2000).]

Offline WizOfClay

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2000, 08:33:00 AM »
hey viking,
glad to hear that you figured it out... never tried that way before... you learn something new everyday  ...
although i am an american citizen (i carry an american passport), i have live within the toronto most of my life, so i would consider myself more canadian then american  , BUT i'm still trying to get me bellybutton back to SF!!!
one of my squadies is actually from BC as well... can't remember which city it was though...
what time do you log on anyway?

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2000, 03:11:00 PM »
Hi Wiz

Just starting out, but my work day is partly play so generally unpredictable  ;-)

But if you want to find a time to fly and early afternoon doesn't work, let me know a good time on the weekend and I'll try to fly with ya!

btw, I found commands for SALVO, but the FUEL command didn't seem to do anything. Is it just ".fuel 2" for mid level fuel setting?

And I can't seem to find the bomb type option. How do I get 500 lb bombs instead of the default 100?

thanks!

Viking1
Viking1

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2000, 04:45:00 PM »
hi Wiz

No regular time yet since I"ve just started. When do you fly? Are you part of a squadron? Is there an all Canadian squadron out there?
The Bishops certainly need some coordination.

I have a friend who loves to fly as a gunner. If we can get two more buff pilots with gunners, we could do a little more damage one evening  

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2000, 07:07:00 PM »
OK, figured out how to change bomb loads. The interface is so dark, and with the B17 the size of the aircraft obscures some things. Needs work  

Offline WizOfClay

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2000, 12:33:00 AM »
hey viking
i usually fly during the evenings... around (9:30-10:00 pm EST).. I am part of a squad call The Screamin Meanies or TSM...  these are a great bunch of guys that are mostly from oregon...  i'm pretty sure i've seen a canadian squad somewhere in the squad's page of AH's website... yeah it would be fun to fly some buffs in here and do some serious damage... drop me a note and we can set something up...
cya later