Author Topic: Boeing Loses Again  (Read 1310 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2005, 02:42:16 AM »
Originally posted by bunch
Darn, this thread was about aircraft

Exactly.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2005, 02:43:59 AM »
I don't think it ever was at all.

In a related story garage carpet sales were down sharply in the Seattle area.[/B]

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2005, 02:45:42 AM »
Oh, boo frickin' hoo. I made a joke about Ripsnort.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2005, 02:57:25 AM »
You made a typical rpm post.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2005, 03:22:26 AM »
Yep, boy howdy ya got me there. I posted a news story in the OC and like most of my threads and threw a 1 liner in. You turned it into a troll. I'm not going to be your monkey.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2005, 03:30:41 AM »
I didn't turn it into anything.

If you will look, there are many that feel the way that I do about what you post.

I will remind you that you are the one refering to political posts and attaching political pictures.

You might, just might*** be propogating the image that you are arguing against.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2005, 04:24:24 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
I was waiting for someone to post the Boo Hoo Boeing dosn't get subsidies like Airbus which isn't fair. What do you think all those military contracts are? Worth far more then any direct government subsidies of a few million evey year.

...-Gixer

We're discussing civilian aircraft pinhead...apples to apples please
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 04:33:03 PM by Rude »

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2005, 04:27:22 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
I'm sorry Rude. Forgive me for posting a story about major aircraft manufacturers on an aircraft related BBS. It should have been buried and never, ever discussed by anyone. Here, I'll follow your guidance by sticking my fingers in my ears and pretending I can't hear what's happening in the outside world...LALALALALALALALALALAL ALALALALALALALALALALALA!!

You can tell me it was innocent....I don't have to believe it do I?

BTW...where ya from?

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2005, 04:31:25 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Oh you poor victims! *sniff* The humanity! *sob*

Knew it wouldn't be long until you showed up here....so predictable.

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2005, 05:05:41 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
We're discussing civilian aircraft pinhead...apples to apples please

apples to apples? BS, at the end its from the government,
imagine what the government could spent for the civilian part
if not focused mainly on the millitary part.
And now crying here: "the other (EU) government spend more helping Airbus, its not fair!" c'mon LOL !
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2005, 06:28:19 PM »
I always find it highly amusing how almost every American has defended Boeing here.  What is it about USA vs Europe?  I couldn't care less whether Airbus sold more than Boeing or vice-versa.  It's just a case of times changing and what comes around goes around.  If all the figures are correct then congratulations to Airbus, they're doing something right.  It doesn't mean that the USA have the right to always sell more than anyone else, and if they're not then the American's posting here have turned to calling the competition crap because they're selling more?  Or Airbus are only selling more not because they might have better options/marketting but because Boeing have stumbled?  Sour grapes because it isn't American?!   If Boeing are interested in sales figures vs Airbus (which hasn't been confirmed here) then they need to change.  Competition is good, adapting to change is even better and hopefully the end buyer receives better equipment.
NEXX

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2005, 11:06:12 PM »
Industrial competition is industrial competition is competition is... sassy internet forum armchair psychological warfare??
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2005, 11:53:03 PM »
Originally posted by Replicant
I always find it highly amusing how almost every American has defended Boeing here.
What "side" did every european take?  Amusing... isn't it?

It's also odd that I (an American) never defended boeing.  I've lived in the Pacific Northwest my whole life and cannot remember a time when Boeing wasn't announcing layoffs.  I've never liked their hire 'em and fire 'em tactics.

But then... this thread wasn't really about buisness tactics or products.  It started out a pissing contest and stayed one all the way through.  Just like RPM wanted.... oh... wait... I'm pretending like I know what he's thinking again.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2005, 02:41:33 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Just like RPM wanted.... oh... wait... I'm pretending like I know what he's thinking again.
Why yes, yes you were.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Boeing Loses Again
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2005, 04:07:51 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
What "side" did every european take?  Amusing... isn't it?

It's also odd that I (an American) never defended boeing.  I've lived in the Pacific Northwest my whole life and cannot remember a time when Boeing wasn't announcing layoffs.  I've never liked their hire 'em and fire 'em tactics.

But then... this thread wasn't really about buisness tactics or products.  It started out a pissing contest and stayed one all the way through.  Just like RPM wanted.... oh... wait... I'm pretending like I know what he's thinking again.

I didn't take either side.  I like Boeing, they make good aircraft, but imo so do Airbus.  I don't care which I fly in as long as it gets me from A to B.  If one is better equipped or cheaper than the other then that is up to the buyers to decide which one to get.  You can design an aircraft to specification or try to make it to expected requirements hoping that you'll fill that market.  If the article is correct and Boeing are interested in eclipsing Airbus then quite simply they need to pull their finger out.  People forget that Boeing virtually had the monopoly on supplying freight and airline aircraft for decades.  I find it refreshing that a company competed with Boeing, it is competition that eventually drives prices down which is eventually then passed down to the consumer.  Companies are free to buy whatever they want and there is no sentiment in staying with the same make/brand when $$$$ is involved.

I agree that this post has turned into a huge pissing contest and I don't know whether the original post was intended as that or not, but it obviously has been interpreted as that.  The original post is just a quote from a newspaper so..... news is news, like it or not.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 04:10:40 AM by Replicant »
NEXX