Author Topic: Advanced training available.......  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Advanced training available.......
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005, 09:42:51 PM »
Originally posted by guttboy
Dave.....

An update.....sucked butt in the MA when I first started flying the plane you and I were training in....THEN.....I started "seeing" the things you were talking about and found myself looking for trouble in situations I probably shouldnt have been getting myself into!

And you know what......THANKS!!!!!!!  Once I kinda started getting the "intangibles" you were talking about....whammo...the clue light came on and the fun just went on from there!

Again much appreciated!

TG12:aok

Man that is Awesome!  Im really happy things are going well for ya.

Once I get through this first round of trainees we will get together for another round.

c yas up..... Dave

Offline madness

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2005, 01:26:47 AM »
Ty for the lessons Nomak, they were very helpful to me. These were good lessons.  I am confident I will be on my way in AH soon enough :)

S!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Just had a lesson...
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2005, 07:23:41 PM »
I just got out of a lesson with Nomak and I can not stress enough how good of a teacher he is. He'll tune to you on channel 5 and walk you through what he's doing, and what you're doing wrong.

We were in there for perhaps an hour but I learned QUITE a bit, and definately feel more refined.  I recieved a lesson on flap usage, and merge technique (two areas I was very much lacking in).

I was very suprised at just how wrong I was using flaps, and just how much more E I saved using them the right way.  Looping fights that would normally only last so long before I was in the dirt ended up lasting indefinately longer.

I strongly suggest that people take advantage of this training program as I am sure they will come out better from it.  

Thanks Nomak!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline SEwinks

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2005, 10:18:55 PM »
Nomak thanx for the help on a few simple basic flight moves.......and to show me about 3 dimensional flying...I'll work on it all week and see u next week.... again thanx a bunch

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2005, 12:47:14 AM »
Great Fights Nomak    ... til next time ...
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2005, 12:57:47 AM »
I have had alot of fun the last few days with all the training.  Thx for the interest everyone!

Fact is though im tired now and im gonna take a couple days off.  Ill see all of ya around the end of the week.

c yas up.... Dave

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2005, 07:49:08 AM »
Thanks Dave!  Good to see you again late last night!

Btw...some thoughts.....

Vudak hit the nail on the head.....use of flaps is key....I found myself doing some good maneuvering, however, I was allowing Nomak to get on my 6 after a few turns.....F....L.....A....P.. ..S.....

Thats was a key thing for me...I was leaving them on WAY to long....I thought I didnt do this much at all but I really did end up doing that....so use them sparingly or you will bleed the E off fast!

Might be common sense and I thought it was but guess what I found myself doing the thing I said I wouldnt do!

Regards

Thanks again Dave/NOMAK:aok

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2005, 08:40:26 AM »
Nomak, is your training limited to certain planes or are you familar with all/most AH planes?

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2005, 06:47:22 PM »
Originally posted by Naudet
Nomak, is your training limited to certain planes or are you familar with all/most AH planes?

That is a very good question and one that I should adress.

I am profeciant at almost all of the AH planeset.

The key is that the type of skills I am trying to pass on are not really dependent on any particular type of aircraft.  The stuff I teach in a Spitfire can be utilized in a 190 or a f6f and so on.

Most of the time I am trying to ultimatly change the way people "Think" about air combat.  So the particular type of aircraft used doesnt really impact the way things are approached.  However, that being said.....

I believe that some aircraft are more "Conductive" to learning than others.  In the case of the MKV Spitfire (My favorite aircraft)  I find that it doesnt limit ones imagination.  In other words if I can think it,  the Spit can probably do it.  So when im flying the Spit the thoughts im having on ACM can be manifested into action without hesitation.  My gut instinct is then translated into action that flows.

When flying "Slower" (in relation to handling not speed) aircraft I find that my mind works much faster then the ACM can be implemented.  While I dont really have any problems flying or teaching in this type of aircraft,  I dont recommend training in them because I believe that they create a kind of "Bottleneck" for the thought/action relationship that makes learning slower and at times more frustrating.

One other point I would like to make is that when fighting in "Faster" (Again in terms of handling) aircraft things tend to happen at a more accelerated rate.  That causes the trainee to be forced to learn to act/react very quickly.  In my opinion that is an invaluable tool to have in the toolbox.

I hope that answers your question.  If you want to do LW Aircraft that is no problem.  Although I would recommend for example the 190A5 over the Dora for the reasons listed above.

Man .... all this talk makes me wana fly!  I think Ill be up tonight after all.

c yas up.... Dave
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 09:26:15 PM by Nomak »

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2005, 07:56:49 PM »
allthou nomak suck as a pilot :p

he is amazing in translating the moves he thinks or see in too words, an abillity i wish i had.
that makes him an awesome teacher, he will guide you step by step untill you will reach the full potential you are holding inside.

a warm recommendation to try him.

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2005, 09:28:02 PM »
Thx Flyboy  :aok

Offline Despair

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2005, 12:44:07 AM »
I have just spent a cpl of hours in DA with Nomak. He is a really good teacher. Every player should definately take his lessons even if you thnk you are good. I will be joining his sessions on every opportunity I have.

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2005, 03:51:13 AM »
Nomak,

that sounds highly interesting. I think i will contact you once i get a replacement monitor as yesterday mine ceased function (luckily its still in warranty time).

But i most admit i would really like to try it out with a Dora first if you have no problem with that Nomak. It was and is my absolute favoured ride. Changing to the A5 only in case it doesn't really work with the Dora.
As i have stated in another post my main problem is that in over 1,5 years of absence i got rusty both ACM and gunnery wise.
I tend to pull for a guns solution to early. The timing also suffered, with me currently initiating i.e. lead turns either to early and therefore overshooting the target or to late with to much seperation to the target.

P.S.: I should mention that i always considered myself as the worst 1v1 pilot ever, but as a very good "combat" flyer cause i utilized SA and surprise to the edge and so i really like the confusion of multiplane engagements.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 08:38:20 AM by Naudet »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2005, 08:11:34 AM »
Guys, take advantage of this opportunity.  Nomak is by far one of the best 1v1 pilots in the game, rust or not, and he'll do more for your flying in one hour than you might do in one year trying to learn it all on your own.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2005, 11:03:18 AM »
ill have to grab you out of MA soon Dave...
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++