Author Topic: Questions on MAP  (Read 464 times)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Questions on MAP
« on: September 06, 2000, 05:43:00 PM »
There are three stacked buttons in the FLY section.. N,H,S from top to bottom. They seem to do slightly different things.. am I right that one finds me in the hangar, and one on the runway for takeoff?

The map itself often has horizontal green and red bars near fields where battle is happening. Am I right that these bars indicate who is winning or losing the battle?
A long green bar over a short red bar indicates that the home base is presently winning?

Offline AKMosby

• Zinc Member
Questions on MAP
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2000, 06:13:00 PM »
You are correct about the buttons in the fly section.The H button starts you in the hanger-the other buttons start you on the runway ready to takeoff in the selected direction(N will place you at south end of runway to takeoff north ect).The horizontal bars are an indication of the number of friendlies and enemy in the sector.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Questions on MAP
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2000, 08:20:00 AM »
On some fields, there are "compass fly buttons" that are unmarked, in the NW, SW, SE, and NE, corners.  These will also start you on a runway.

Also, the "compass fly buttons" at vehicle hangars will spawn you some distance from the hangar, fairly close to a nearby field.  Try launching a vehicle offline, then immediately check the map to see where you are.

Remember that the red/green bars indicate the NUMBER of enemies/friendlies in a sector -- NOT their position.  The small radar dots indicate position.

popeye

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?