Author Topic: airraid warnings and fld ack  (Read 535 times)

Offline RTO

• Copper Member
airraid warnings and fld ack
« on: January 14, 2005, 11:05:38 PM »
tonight I was finished hot rearming and sitting on taxi-way waiting for follow on orders.  In came 3 nme 109's that commenced to vulch.  Well that's ok,  what I would like to know is why the warning didn't sound off or does it in SE,  and why our fld ack was not shooting?  All guns were visibly functional in appearance.  I know the nme fld ack could shoot because i chased a 109 who tried to recover to his fld after I engaged him and I had to dodge the fld ack as I egressed out.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 05:32:13 PM »
I don't know what event you might be talking about, but their is only one reason field ack will not shoot. It must have been destroyed by the enemy or CM's.

The guns you might have seen could have been the 88's that only shoot at targets above a certain alt or distance.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 02:16:24 AM »
Negative.

I saw aa guns up on a field and not shooting, i think its connected to the status of the rest of the field.

The warning siren sometimes does not go off, not sure if it is when radar and most aa guns are down or some part of the airfield that needs to get hit.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 01:01:50 PM »
Negative.

I saw aa guns up on a field and not shooting, i think its connected to the status of the rest of the field.
You can have every object down at a field, (but the ack) and it will shoot. CM's can't turn off ack, only destroy them or lower their damage.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline RTO

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 10:36:12 PM »
too bad i don't have film for u to see fld ack was all up just not shooting as was the siren not running  since then I've clean installed winxp on my computer and didn't save films.  Doesn't matter now anyway just wanyed to know for next time I play in SE thats all.