Author Topic: Are you new to Aces High? Look Here>>  (Read 587 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Are you new to Aces High? Look Here>>
« on: February 02, 2000, 12:24:00 PM »
If you're fairly new to Aces High, and need alittle help "getting off the ground" with questions, winging for security, or ACM, just pop onto the ROSTER (hit ESC key) while on the ground or inflight, and look for any JG2 squad members that are up, we'll be more than glad to help out. (It helps if you go to a private channel with us so that we may be more effective in your answers)

We are also recruiting new squad members, so don't hesitate to ask!

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Defected~)
"There is no reason anyone would
want a computer in their home."
   Ken Olson, president, chairman and
founder of Digital Equipment Corp.,1977

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 02-02-2000).]

Mr.ED

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2000, 08:11:00 AM »
Sumner WA. Cool!  Rochester WA.! E-mail me maybe we can meet.

Mr.ED
Pony Pilot
Knight

jeff newman

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2000, 12:17:00 AM »
Hmmmm did that got ignored. I need help and or some knowlege in the set up of the sliders in the FE joystick menu. Im not sure if I have everything set up optimally. I keep getting fing killed , the stick is mushy blah blah blah and Im ready to give up pretty quick if it doesnt get any better. So if some one could please advise me on this one I would appreciate it.

------------------
jbnace
Life is
The greatest game of all

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2000, 12:35:00 AM »
Jeff,
  The best I can tell you to start with the 0 slider near or at the bottom and the 90 slider at the top.  Look on the display on the bottom left and adjust the ones in between to look like a limp fishing line.  (best analogy I can think of   ) It does take some playing with and little changes can throw you outta whack in a hurry.
I had mine set pretty good and adjusted to try to tune it more and ended up with tons of nose bob.  Took me 2 days to figure out where I went wrong.  Mine isn't perfect yet but I keep trying   If ya need I can email ya a pic of the setup.  Just let me know

S!

Rocket

------------------
The Red Dragons
Fierce and Bold
With Honour and Courage

jeff newman

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2000, 09:15:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Im one of those people unfortunately who does not want to take the time to figure all of the smalll stuff out.
ie; if I buy a tv for example I just want to bring it home and plug it in not going through any real ordeals to get it going etc.... But thanks for your reply and I will keep trying and when u all start getting wacked by jbnace1 then you can figure that Ive got it set up!

------------------
jbnace
Life is
The greatest game of all

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2000, 09:21:00 AM »
Sorry if I missed your on-line question jbnace, next time go private channel with me, I rarely have time to check open channel.

What type of JS do you have?

One thing AH will do is test your patience when it comes to configuring a JS, I've had some odd things happen with my CH Products set-up, not sure if its related to the game or my hardware, but, being persistant was the key to successfulness.  Don't give up, keep asking questions, use BB's to your best ability, and, whether you have CH Products gear or not, I highly suggest a dedicated joystick card (game card) for your JS peripherials, adding this to my system diposed of alot of problems I had.

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Rip1~Warbirds~)

"In training, upon being told it was time to
solo, the instructor said, “You tried to kill
me enough times, now try it with a check pilot.”"