Author Topic: Still brushing the Newbie Dust off me!  (Read 516 times)

Shade324th

Still brushing the Newbie Dust off me!
« on: September 07, 2000, 10:31:00 PM »
Once again...percievably stupid questions I need answered.

1)  Whats with the infernal buzzing noise when I bank hard our pull up at slow speeds?  Whats that simulating?

2)  Will I need to get with a trainer to understand the "Split S" concept?  Can someone explain it?

3)  Whats the most all around maneuverable plane?

4) And lastly, what is a hog?

Thanks,...especailly for holding off on the newbie flames the past few weeks!    

[This message has been edited by Shade324th (edited 09-07-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Shade324th (edited 09-07-2000).]

Offline grizz

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2000, 11:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shade324th:

1)  Whats with the infernal buzzing noise when I bank hard our pull up at slow speeds?  Whats that simulating?

That is the stall horn...your wings are no longer creating lift and you are about to go spinning into the earth at a great rate of speed.  (Image removed from quote.)

2)  Will I need to get with a trainer to understand the "Split S" concept?  Can someone explain it?

Fly straight and level....roll left or right until you are inverted, (if you look up in the cockpit...you see the ground)pull back on the stick until you are rightside up again and straight and level.

3)  Whats the most all around maneuverable plane?

I like the spit9...cause i'm a dweeb   (Image removed from quote.)

4) And lastly, what is a hog?

F4u-1c...or d.....corsair

Thanks,...especailly for holding off on the newbie flames the past few weeks!     (Image removed from quote.)

Damn newbie's.... (Image removed from quote.)

------------------
griz
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2000, 11:51:00 PM »
LOL, you are not the only one who thinks that buzz sound is REALLY annoying. I quickly replaced it with a wing flutter sound from EAW, and this is much more pleasant in my ear. If you like to try it, download it from site below and unzip it in your Aces High/sound folder.
 http://home14.inet.tele.dk/snefens
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"