Author Topic: HO's *WERE* used ALOT in WWII  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
HO's *WERE* used ALOT in WWII
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2000, 06:07:00 PM »
i have yet to head on completely, I zoom out of their gunsight if I cant beat them to the turn and nail em before they bring their guns to bear on me.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2000, 06:12:00 PM »
 The only thing I see that will cut down on HO,s is for the magic, spit, HO guns to be fixed.

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2000, 06:33:00 PM »
first off, Udie, yes i see it your way, i have even said it, but am told that HO's is for dweebs, look out dweeb alart, here i come.

now easymo, if you are saying the spit has a bug with its guns, and that they are to powerful and the spit always wins a HO, geuss again. i fly the spit most of the time because it is the only plane i can fly, but i change to othere planes because im looking for some fire power, but it seems the reason i loose 49 out of 50 HO's is not because i miss, i do hit and rip other plane up, but because of the lag, i am dead, buired, reborn, and up again before the other guys knows ive been hit. i see there planes falling apart, but they get the credit for the kill. now i wish i did not send the money to have a fast system. what ever.

blue skies all

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2000, 08:26:00 PM »
wolf. net time u have a 6 shot on a turning plane. Aim at the second line of the icon. fire at 300yrds, with cannon only. next time use mg only. They  seem to have the same trajectory.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2000, 05:06:00 AM »

Originally posted by milnko:
Speaking of BUFFs, why do people shoot em down AFTER they have dropped thier payload?
Do you have a magical way to determine whether they have spent all their bombs or not? Have you seen those buffs passing over 4 or 5 enemy bases and dropping only one bomb over each one? If you let the buff to live, you can find yourself with several towerless fields.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2000, 08:47:00 AM »
As the standard bearer of the anti-HO club, let me re-state the problem I have with the HO as used now in AH:

I am against using the HO when entering a co-alt merge fight. Once the merge has been made, then all bets are off, go for the HO as neccessary. But it's the people who are co-alt and go for the HO shot on the merge that bother me.

Any other use of the HO is fine with me. My reason for posting the "Just say NO to the HO" thread was to get people to make it alive to the merge, where they will then hopefully try to use their ACM skills to get a killing shot on their enemy.

Some may argue that in war you go for the killing shot the first opportunity you get, whether it is a HO shot or a dead-six shot. Fine, I respect your decision, but I don't agree with it. My most thrilling fights have been with guys who hold their fire as we pass each other at the merge and start our battle of ACM to gain the advantage.

Just one dweeb's opinion.

------------------
banana
308 (Polish) Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"
"On the whole, it is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them"

Sorrow[S=A]

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2000, 07:12:00 PM »
Easymo--  correction, they do NOT have the same trajectory. at 300 yds it's still pretty flat and harder to tell tho. what DOES have the same trajectory is the tracers. at 400 -600 yds the tracers will fall short on both rounds. less distance between the two in cannon- more in MG.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2000, 09:54:00 PM »
 sorrow. try that same test in any other cannon armed plane.