Author Topic: Tile Setter V2.0  (Read 2349 times)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Tile Setter V2.0
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 06:12:51 AM »
Actually I don't have the foggiest idea without more info.

But, you can manually change the colors. The numbers in the color config file are the decimal equivalents of hex color values. For intance, the first number (15063249) is hex color value #E5D8D1. The numbers start with water and go up. The last being grid color.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Tile Setter V2.0
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2006, 08:28:45 AM »
Originally posted by NHawk
Actually I don't have the foggiest idea without more info.

But, you can manually change the colors. The numbers in the color config file are the decimal equivalents of hex color values. For intance, the first number (15063249) is hex color value #E5D8D1. The numbers start with water and go up. The last being grid color.
thanks. i will do it that way for now.

what other info would help you though? all i can tell you is if i double click the water color swatch to change it (or any of them) i get this exact dialog box pop up:

run-time error '429'
activeX component can't create object

with an "ok" to click. when i click it it shuts down the program.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Tile Setter V2.0
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2006, 12:01:08 PM »
It sounds like a mismatch in the windows automation files. Try downloading and installing this file from Microsoft...

http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb50pro/utility/1/win98/en-us/msvbvm50.exe

See if that works.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Tile Setter V2.0
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2006, 12:24:43 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk
It sounds like a mismatch in the windows automation files. Try downloading and installing this file from Microsoft...

http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb50pro/utility/1/win98/en-us/msvbvm50.exe

See if that works.
will try and let you know tomorrow. if not thats fine, now that i know how to manually edit the colors :aok

question about the file:

Do I Need Msvbvm50.exe?
Msvbvm50.exe is not intended to replace the Setup Wizard for distributing Visual Basic applications. For example, if your application includes components, such as ActiveX controls or DLLs, you should use the Application Setup Wizard or a third party setup package for distribution. However, if your Visual Basic application only depends upon the files included in Msvbvm50.exe, you can distribute your application by providing end users with the executable (.exe) file and Msvbvm50.exe.
this won't harm the way anything else works on my system will it?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 12:33:26 PM by Mustaine »
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Tile Setter V2.0
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2006, 02:21:32 PM »
I shouldn't. The oleout32.dll that is probably causing this is installed by the installation program. But, somehow that may be a different version than the rest of the ole files which could cause the error.

The only thing that should happen is all of the automation files will be the same version after you install it. Which should remove the error. If not, then you'll only have a few more .dll files on your system.

If you want to be extra cautious, if they are on your system..back up these files before installation...

Asycfilt.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Olepro32.dll
Stdole2.dll

If you're running windows 2000, don't bother installing it. Nothing can be done that I know of.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Tile Setter V2.0
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »
didn't work (installing the MS hotfix)

but i was able to manually edut the colors ;) so it is all good.