Author Topic: Mcdonalds will make you fat  (Read 1703 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Mcdonalds will make you fat
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2005, 09:27:44 PM »
No grun!  No!

McDonalds, Burger King, Marlboro or Miller are not forcing you to buy their products!  They offer food products for the prices given to you showing you completely what comes with the food.  It is your choice to go how big you want, not some dirty communist hippie from California.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2005, 09:40:03 PM »
man nothing about the fat badtard-mcdonalds- picture???

CMON!
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2005, 09:49:34 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
No grun!  No!

McDonalds, Burger King, Marlboro or Miller are not forcing you to buy their products!  They offer food products for the prices given to you showing you completely what comes with the food.  It is your choice to go how big you want, not some dirty communist hippie from California.

Not forcing, but certainly encouraging and promoting the larger portion sizes as a better value.  These super size options add literaly hundreds of extra calories beyond the allready 1000 calories provided by a lets say 400 calorie burger, 400 calorie medium fries and 200 calorie soda. The nutritional guidelines suggest 2000 calories daily intake so one super size meal easily gives you 75% of daily caloric intake disguised as a "value."

Thats where MCD is at fault, by grossly  
distorting what a serving size is suppsed to be.  They might not be legally liable but their producy marketing practices are responsible for people choosing to eat these large poirtions. Now before you say the obvious that people choose what they eat I will give you another obvious - marketing does work and it does influence a customers buying behavior. MCD marketing of supersize worked extremelyu well as you can see by the other fast food places which copied it.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2005, 09:52:30 PM »
if you notice they dont have :small" anything on the menu anymore.  it starts at medium.  at least around here and a few other cities ive been to recently.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2005, 09:52:57 PM »
It's not their job to become health nuts.  It's their job to sell their food.

Encouragement doesn't mean anything.  You don't have a gun to your head when you supersize your meal.  No one holds a gun to your head to buy their food.  No one holds a gun to your head to even enter their restaurant.

You cannot punish McDonalds for YOUR choices which were NOT forced upon you.

(btw, if you didn't know that Fast Food was fatty, you should have your voting priviledges revoked until you can pass an IQ test.)
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2005, 10:02:17 PM »
Just being within 1 mile of a McDonald's is enough to be taken under the influence of their "brain wave osmomitor plasma spectral amorphisizing rectal anylizing rail gun" ( with red dye #3)

This is the device that "makes you fat"

In other news, fat arses are known become fat.... as hard as it may be to believe...simply by eating too much food.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2005, 10:03:20 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
It's not their job to become health nuts.  It's their job to sell their food.

Encouragement doesn't mean anything.  You don't have a gun to your head when you supersize your meal.  No one holds a gun to your head to buy their food.  No one holds a gun to your head to even enter their restaurant.

You cannot punish McDonalds for YOUR choices which were NOT forced upon you.

(btw, if you didn't know that Fast Food was fatty, you should have your voting priviledges revoked until you can pass an IQ test.)

Everyone knows fast food is "fatty."

Especially MCDonalds. And what did they do?  Suggest that their customers eat much larger portions of it at every meal.

I cewratinly said nothing about punish, in fact I saod they prolly arent legally liable, but they sure as hell are responsible for this unhealthly increase ion portion sizes.

However food is not much different than any other product that people can choose to use in whatever quantities they wish or choose beteen different options.  Take pestiocides or asbestos, both have benefits and their manufactureses had (by your styandard) only the responsibility to sell as much of their product and market these products as effectively as possible, thats it, right? But we know how that turned out for many of those companies.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 10:07:12 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2005, 10:06:11 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Everyone knows fast food is "fatty."

I cewratinly said nothing about punish, in fact I saod they prolly arent legally liable, but they sure as hell are responsible for this unhealthly increase ion portion sizes.

What, does McDonalds force people to eat all the food or something?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2005, 10:10:29 PM »
It doesnt, but you dont need to force anytone to increse their consumption of a potntially harmful product and be held liable for its effects.

Your agrument of "force" is simply a red herring and quite irrelevant legaly and logically in the real world.

Look at my argument here without your preconception of a simple framework that l;ets you rejecting everything out of hand.

MD markets portion sizes that are grossly enlarged and taht offer hundreds of extra calories beyond thair allready high aclorie food choices.

They market this product intensively and reccomend it as a great value to the customer.

Other fast food comapnies ntice the sucess of MD and copy the approach over the past decade or so.

This rwsults in an aggregate rise oin portion sizes and calories consumed nationwide, leading to greater weight and related health problems.

Nobody was forced to eat them bt the companies are responsible for marketing these higher calorie products.

Really not much different than pestice companies who marketed the value of ddt or other chemicals. They didnt force anyone to use their products either, but we know how that turned out.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 10:24:24 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2005, 10:10:40 PM »
They're responsible for marketing it to make a bigger profit, as any company is in business to do.  It's the fault of fat tulips (like myself...well, except mcd's is pretty blecch) who provide a market for these items by purchasing them.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2005, 10:14:55 PM »
Grun
Are you saying a resaurant should have a legal portion limit? What about all you can eat places? They advertise "all you can eat"

The whole lawsuit is bogus and you both know it.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2005, 10:16:18 PM »
deceptive marketing.

you right handers should know all about that nuke.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2005, 10:16:50 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Grun
Are you saying a resaurant should have a legal portion limit? What about all you can eat places? They advertise "all you can eat"

The whole lawsuit is bogus and you both know it.

Well, he did pretty much say that he didn't think they were legally liable.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2005, 10:18:01 PM »
Nuke  where do I say that MD is legally responsible? I say that its prolly not.

No portion size laws should be enacted. The fast food companies shpould change theitr menues and guess what, they are.

But MD clearly is responsible for marketing these products and suggesti g them as better values.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2005, 10:20:59 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
deceptive marketing.

you right handers should know all about that nuke.

Why don't you define deceptive marketing as it applies to McDonalds.

What if McDonalds have a kids meal and it contained 15 hamburgers, a shake and 3 large fries.....all for 99 cents.

Is that illegal? I'd call it a good deal for the money. So, some mom buys this "kids" meal and allows her kick to eat all of it. She buys them for her kid 3 times a week. The kid gets fat, so she should be able to go after McDonalds for damages?