Author Topic: How I learned To Quit Worrying and Love The Propaganda  (Read 2870 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
How I learned To Quit Worrying and Love The Propaganda
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2005, 07:50:40 AM »
Guns, what would you be saying if Democrats gave Michael Moore a chunk of your tax money to do a pro-abortion movie? Get my point?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2005, 08:36:19 AM »
Originally posted by rpm
Guns, what would you be saying if Democrats gave Michael Moore a chunk of your tax money to do a pro-abortion movie? Get my point?

Is Michael Moore an expert in the field of abortion?   What would the purpose of the movie be?  How would it be used?

They hired her for her professional expertise for a project unrelated to journalism.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2005, 12:09:50 PM »
Originally posted by rpm

ya know what i like about the second term dontcha rpm?

its alllll gonna come out.  

like a seive.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2005, 12:28:22 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
A commentator who happens to be an expert in the field whos done alot of research on the subject????

again I fail to find fault in this!

It's not like they are paying her to write columns in news papers and pass them off as her personal opinion....they contracted her to conduct research, write a brochure, and breif health dept officials.  Were's the propaganda?  Looks like this bandwagan needs to circle up and regroup.

Once you begin accepting payments from the government you no longer are unbiased. As you say she briefed health officials with no longer her own opinion but the governments. They werent paying her to write her views they paid her to spout theirs. (the governments) Why did she need to get paid $22,000 for 3 little things. That is a waste of taxpayer money and even bush
understands you cant hire journalists or commentators to deliver briefings if for no other reason it just looks bad. Her career is forever tarnished and rightly so.

P.S. yeah she did pass it off as her personal opinion

"In retrospect, Gallagher said, she should have disclosed the contract to her readers when she later wrote in support of the Bush marriage initiative in her column."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/26/paid.pundits/index.html

Consider the bandwagon back on the trail
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 12:32:09 PM by Raider179 »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2005, 12:49:53 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
Once you begin accepting payments from the government you no longer are unbiased. As you say she briefed health officials with no longer her own opinion but the governments. They werent paying her to write her views they paid her to spout theirs. (the governments) Why did she need to get paid $22,000 for 3 little things. That is a waste of taxpayer money and even bush
understands you cant hire journalists or commentators to deliver briefings if for no other reason it just looks bad. Her career is forever tarnished and rightly so.

P.S. yeah she did pass it off as her personal opinion

"In retrospect, Gallagher said, she should have disclosed the contract to her readers when she later wrote in support of the Bush marriage initiative in her column."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/26/paid.pundits/index.html

Consider the bandwagon back on the trail

It was her opinion.  The Government hired her for you expertise.  You can spin it however you'd like, but that's exactly what it is.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2005, 01:00:06 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
It was her opinion.  The Government hired her for you expertise.  You can spin it however you'd like, but that's exactly what it is.

The government hired her to spout their point of view. If it was her point of view then why hire her. She surely would have said and done all these things anyway right?

She also admitted it was wrong that is no spin.

Bush admitted it was wrong that is no spin.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2005, 01:03:44 PM »
The government hired her to spout their point of view. If it was her point of view then why hire her. She surely would have said and done all these things anyway right?

Either you just blatantly don't know what you are talking about, or you are confusing the charge with what actually happened.  She was consulting and writing publications FOR THE GOV'T for a fee.

Are you asking if she would have worked for free?  How is that relevant?

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2005, 01:10:08 PM »
Journalistic Integrity something she no longer has. Hopes she enjoys that 22k. she is gonna need a new career now.

Confliction of Interests. Journalist and paid government writer are not two jobs that A reporter/commentator can posess.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2005, 01:11:20 PM »
Journalistic Integrity something she no longer has. Hopes she enjoys that 22k. she is gonna need a new career now.

Confliction of Interests. Journalist and paid government writer are not two jobs that A reporter/commentator can posess.

Why not?  Can a journalist be hired to write someone's memoirs?

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2005, 01:12:58 PM »
now he's justifying it.

:rolleyes:
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2005, 01:14:33 PM »
Why not?  Can a journalist be hired to write someone's memoirs?

Sure.

You do of course know the difference between the United States Government and an individual right?

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2005, 01:17:05 PM »
Sure.

You do of course know the difference between the United States Government and an individual right?

So, if a journalist is hired for a private individual, he doesn't automatically become biased, but if he is hired by the government, he does?  What about a corporation?  Would a journalist suddenly become biased if hired by a corporation?

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2005, 01:19:47 PM »
if yer president says its wrong boy...it wrong.  not get with program before you get stripped of your party pin.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2005, 01:19:58 PM »
Would a journalist suddenly become biased if hired by a corporation?

They already are.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2005, 01:20:29 PM »
So, if a journalist is hired for a private individual, he doesn't automatically become biased, but if he is hired by the government, he does?  What about a corporation?  Would a journalist suddenly become biased if hired by a corporation?

You cant be serious.

Better look behind ya, when ya backpeddle like that you might hit a pothole.

Please dont compare the federal government to individuals or corporartions. Those are private entities and the Government is not.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 01:22:41 PM by Raider179 »