Author Topic: dar killin  (Read 551 times)

-towd_

dar killin
« on: April 04, 2000, 10:45:00 PM »
 i have goten where i log alot when dar is down cause it is such a pain to try and find a fight, please ohh god give us some strat that doesent involve the sillyness with 33 k 26s and such sooooooon

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
dar killin
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2000, 11:40:00 PM »
 You dweeb. No wait. I do that 2.

Offline indian

• Copper Member
dar killin
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2000, 11:42:00 PM »
Give us the counter when dar is dwon but not the location. Spotters in WWII would relay locations of nme to HQ so why not have a counter for the planes but not dot to show location.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Corps.
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
dar killin
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2000, 02:31:00 AM »
Only show dar for a section you are in if the tower is still up. IE the main control is down so you dont get global updates but the local tower(if up) can still direct you.

------------------
Pongo
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
dar killin
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2000, 02:47:00 AM »
Good idea Pongo !

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
dar killin
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2000, 05:45:00 AM »
Yep, it seems we have a serious problem when DAR is off and no more enemy info is displayed on screen.
1 - Enemy activity bars over friendly territory should be displayed always.
2 - Enemy activity bars over enemy territory shouln't be displayed unless friendly aircrafts are in that sectors.
3 - Friendly planes should be displayed always, it is supposed they transmit their current pos using radio.
4 - When DAR is lost, we can get enemy pos information using "reconaisance" aircrafts. This should be difficult to implement because it implies to determine if the friendly aircraft can see the bogies or not.

There is an easier, but less precise way to implement this, and this is as follows.
When a friendly plane sees an enemy, he can press a key and its dot over the map changes to a color different than green, once he lost sigh of enemies, he press another key and its dot appears green again. The color selected to indicate that a plane have seen enemies depends on the number of times that pilot press the "enemy vis" key. So, it is acumulative. This should be usefull to indicate the number of enemies that pilot is seeing. For example, one press render its dot yellow and indicates 1 - 3 enemiples, two presses draw the dot light-orange and indicates 3 - 6 planes and a third key press draws the plot dark orange and inidicates more than 6 bandits. Each "no enemy vis" key press subtrack one to the counter, so, if a pilot has presed three times the "enemy vis", he should press thre times "no enemy vis" to have a "green" dot again on the map.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
dar killin
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2000, 07:50:00 AM »
I'm with Saw, Great idea Pongo!

------------------
Apache
++Renegade Nation++

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
dar killin
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2000, 08:31:00 AM »
Wait til vehicles are out, then you'll be able to have a spotter in the rear fields warning of mass accumulation of bomber formations and direction they are heading for intercept by your friendlies.

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
=CO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
Communications Officer
Aces High Training Corps
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Experience is a hard teacher because she
gives the test first, the lesson afterwards"

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 04-05-2000).]