Author Topic: New guy  (Read 470 times)

Offline Smagelly

• Zinc Member
New guy
« on: November 21, 2001, 03:16:00 PM »
Hullo everyone. I played this game maybe half a year ago in the free trials. Came back, decided what the heck, and am now a suscriber to Aces High. This is my first flight sim and I enjoy it greatly. Problem is I am not familiar with fighting. Basically, all I can do is take off, fly around a bit, act as bait for teammates, and pray that I can reland.
    I'm looking for a trainer who can maybe help me with the basics. I've chosen to go with a nik as I've always sort've liked em. So if anyone could give me a heads up I would be very grateful. See ya'll in the skies.
  :cool:

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
New guy
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2001, 11:20:00 AM »
There are trainers available to show you the ropes.

One of the things that has been recomended is to fly offline and kill the drones flying around the fields. Learn to shoot at them from diff angles, below above etc.

IMO: It takes at least two months to get used to fighters and more to get good at them so be patient. Also since you are new don't fly in areas where there arent teammates.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: jpeg ]

Hammerhead

New guy
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
I really recommend flying offline and H2H.
Funny how no-one tells that to the new beez.
Try to learn how to fight, and how to fight best with each type of plane.
I couldn't kill anything with a P51 until someone in H2H showed me how its done.
IMHO:- I think you should enter MAs only after a few weeks of H2Hs......  ;)
By then, even if u aren't an ace u sure as hell won't be a newbie....  :D

Offline iceydee

• Nickel Member
New guy
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2001, 06:28:00 PM »
I think you should go to the MA (main arena) and say on the country channel that you are a newbie. It won't take long until someone reacts and will be glad to help you out.

I've been flying around in AH for months and been killed too many times just because I haven't asked people to help me out. In my opinion, most people around here are very helpful and want you to become a better pilot, maby because they have been in the same situation as you are, not very long ago.

Offline YardBird

• Zinc Member
New guy
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2001, 11:42:00 AM »
Originally posted by iceydee:
I think you should go to the MA (main arena) and say on the country channel that you are a newbie. It won't take long until someone reacts and will be glad to help you out.
Well, you may ask if someone would be willing to meet you in the training arena. It can be annoying to try to answer questions like 'How do I get the plane to move?' while trying to fly in the MA. You should at least be able to get off the ground, use the maps, and perform basic flight manuevers before you jump into the MA. Then, if you want help with ACM, people will be willing to help you out.