Author Topic: Seat position  (Read 551 times)

Dhog

Seat position
« on: June 10, 2000, 02:39:00 PM »
I have tried recently to set my seat position in such a way that the bullet stream appears at the correct position in my gunsight. For the most part I have been successful. But, on a few aircraft the seat position increment is so coarse that I cannot get a satisfactory setup... it's either too far right or too far left, too high or too low. Is there any adjustment to this parameter? Is it tied to the JS calibration?

Dhog

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
Seat position
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2000, 02:42:00 PM »
Usually, the default position (home key) should bring you to the correct view.

Az

------------------
Si tacuisses, philosophus manisses.

Dhog

Seat position
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2000, 03:48:00 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply, Azrael. I just found out that the custom gunsight I have been using is slightly offcenter, thus the need to adjust my seat. Who would have guessed? If you're using a custom sight, you might want to check it out.

Live and learn  
Dhog

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Seat position
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2000, 07:42:00 AM »
 Dhog, out of curiosity (and in case I have it already <G> )  where did you get that gunsight?

-Westy

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
Seat position
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2000, 07:48:00 AM »
Dhog,

Try and fix the sight using a paint program.  If you need help, I might have a suggestion or too.

In the long run, you'll have the same problem any time you change the convergence.

Salute,
IC

Dhog

Seat position
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2000, 10:08:00 PM »
Westy, I don't remember, I think it was put up on our squad web page by a member, Harppa I believe. The one I use is just a small white circle which is easy to align.
Iculus, I have tried editing this sight, but when I do it shows up on the windscreen as a black square. I must be doing something wrong. I generally don't have much problem with convergence, the most annoying problem being offset to one side.
I noticed that the background of the sight is a pink color with white circle over it. Is this required to make it transparent?

Dhog