Author Topic: Skuzzy: Tanks and Vox problem  (Read 151 times)

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
Skuzzy: Tanks and Vox problem
« on: February 02, 2005, 07:26:52 AM »
Hi Skuzzy, The question I'm going to ask probably doesn't reflect a problem with the game, but I was hoping you could clear up a problem I am having.
   I have two AH2 accounts and two computers.  Both computers run thru a Microsoft router to gain access to the internet via cable modem.
My son and I play at the same time and we have no vox problems when we "up" our own planes, tanks, etc.
   Last night, for the first time, I decided to be a tank driver and let my son be in the gunner positions.  We both tuned to our vox to the same channel, but for some reason we could not transmit to each other.  The "Transmit" icon was lighting up as if we were getting out, but it wasn't getting out.  I then noticed that neither of us were receiving any "Range" transmissions and couldn't make any calls out on Range channel. A reboot after our get-together allowed us to get on vox
once again as long as we were not "joined". (.resetv didn't help when we were joined)
     Im assuming that maybe vox doesnt know how to do switching properly when we are basically connected "locally" via the router when we are in the tank together?  What do you think?  Any way I can correct this problem?
    Oh, and before ya ask, "why don't ya just talk to him?"  His computer is in the other room and get tired of yelling back and forth :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 07:36:33 AM by Ohio43 »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 07:59:27 AM »
Sounds like the router you have does not have full NAT support for translation tables.  It is not uncommon for a consumer router not to have full NAT support.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 08:08:46 AM »
Heh, figured it would be the router issue.  Might have to go the high tech route and move the computers into the same room!  Thanks for the quick reply.