Author Topic: Who's gone where lately  (Read 616 times)

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Who's gone where lately
« on: February 02, 2005, 01:38:57 PM »
I know there has been some side switching lately by squads. Who's gone where in the last couple of months?

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Hey KJ
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 02:21:23 PM »
Long time no see.

Our squad, including some of the former Air Raiders fly Rooks, still.

The squad has done well, finishing Jan in 3rd spot, but it gets tiring fighting the overwhelming numbers at times.... I can commiserate with similar gripes of others in the past.

That said, I HATE switching sides, for fear of losing the alliances we've developed over the months/years.   We are staying Rooks in February, but may try Knits (god help me) in March, and hope everyone understands.
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Who's gone where lately
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 03:11:38 PM »
i wnet rook recently as it seemed they have the lesser horde for the most part.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Who's gone where lately
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 07:18:46 PM »
This is actually research to support a future decision

:)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Who's gone where lately
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 07:23:03 PM »
The Hells Angels did a "world tour"this month. We usually fly Rooks but we wanted to try out the other countries for a week each. The general consensis is Knights and Bishops are fine, and there are plenty of good sticks and friendly folks there, but the Rooks were consistantly the lowest numbers so we went back there.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Who's gone where lately
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 07:31:33 PM »
Hey TalonX!

hehe, I went rook for a little while the other night and shot down a squaddie or two (blamed the kill message on a "system bug") but didn't stay on long enough to find you guys.

On moving, yeah, people get restless, you know. Overall, I think it's good for the game.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Who's gone where lately
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 07:34:16 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
The Hells Angels did a "world tour"this month. We usually fly Rooks but we wanted to try out the other countries for a week each. The general consensis is Knights and Bishops are fine, and there are plenty of good sticks and friendly folks there, but the Rooks were consistantly the lowest numbers so we went back there.

What times did you guys usually play? Seems like knits consistently get hit with eny starting about 9:00 pm Pacific. Whens rook low tide?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Who's gone where lately
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 07:45:09 PM »
What times did you guys usually play? Seems like knits consistently get hit with eny starting about 9:00 pm Pacific.

We would usually have 6-10 during that time. More on squad night. Knights had alot of cool guys to fly with. JBs,RTs,BKs, the 56th, etc. There was just too damn many of us. Ive never seen the eny so severe.

Offline Duchess

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duchessac/My_Pics_Page.html
Who's gone where lately
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 01:06:16 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
What times did you guys usually play? Seems like knits consistently get hit with eny starting about 9:00 pm Pacific.

We would usually have 6-10 during that time. More on squad night. Knights had alot of cool guys to fly with. JBs,RTs,BKs, the 56th, etc. There was just too damn many of us. Ive never seen the eny so severe.
I haven't been flying too much so maybe I just kept hitting it just right, but each time I was on eny shot up to 20+ around 10pm consistently. Doesn't bother me a/c wise, I like some of those anyway. Eny on vehicles kinda sucks though. But eny's not really the deal overall, knitwits just getting crowded.

Drat, another Duchess post, this is KJ714.:mad:

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Re: Hey KJ
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 02:00:10 AM »
Originally posted by TalonX
Long time no see.

Our squad, including some of the former Air Raiders fly Rooks, still.

The squad has done well, finishing Jan in 3rd spot, but it gets tiring fighting the overwhelming numbers at times.... I can commiserate with similar gripes of others in the past.

That said, I HATE switching sides, for fear of losing the alliances we've developed over the months/years.   We are staying Rooks in February, but may try Knits (god help me) in March, and hope everyone understands.

Knights is overcrowded and having ENY  restrictions and Rooks isn't, and Rook F4u-4's cost about 20 perks while Knights ones cost 80 and you can'y fly them anyway.

So you have decided to move from Rooks to Knights ?

I'm not sure I do understand.
I come from a land downunder

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Who's gone where lately
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 06:11:47 AM »
I went to Russia, but I came back Rook.

Not bad I don't think.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Hey KJ
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 07:17:37 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
Knights is overcrowded and having ENY  restrictions and Rooks isn't, and Rook F4u-4's cost about 20 perks while Knights ones cost 80 and you can'y fly them anyway.

So you have decided to move from Rooks to Knights ?

I'm not sure I do understand.

IF a group of pilots are tired of beeing constantly outnumbered then I can see a reason for swiching. It is quite mentaly demanding flying against the odds most of the time.

But imho its an egoistic move. Because put your selfs in the position of the other players on that side. You make what you felt was frustrating even worse for the rest of the players on that side.

Unfortunatly most people just think about them selfs and their closest friends when gaming. Compasion and Respect for allies and enemies isnt within the vocabulary of most players. Sad and unfortunate but the reality.

Though what would really upset me is if a squad would swich to the bigger side and then whine about not beenig able to fly the planes they want to. Knowing before the decision to swich is made that they will be on the biggest side means knowing that they will fly lesser planes. If they still move over that means their whineright has been withdrawn.

Tex.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Who's gone where lately
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2005, 08:20:58 AM »
AK's started to rotate again this month.....ROOKS in Feb, Bisquits in March....then back to the good guys :):)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Who's gone where lately
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 08:59:20 AM »
I absolutely HATE being on the side with numbers. I like being outnumbered, so I dont really care which side I'm on as long as its the one with the most available targets. :)

Because of that I didnt enjoy my time last week with the Knights and to some extent Bishops too, but it was not the folks flying there it was the numbers.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 09:05:04 AM by Grits »

Offline Free

• Zinc Member
Who's gone where lately
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 09:13:19 AM »
Not that its any surprise, but the BTs are still Rook :D