Author Topic: Rudder training  (Read 422 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Rudder training
« on: October 10, 2000, 05:09:00 PM »
 I am wondering if I can schedule some time w/ a trainer to help me master these woderful usb CH pro pedals.  I used CH pedals for 5 years and the "real" airplane rudder action has me confused.  I never realy paid attention to what I was doing with the rudders because it became kinda natural after 5 years.  Now I don't remember what kind of rudder inputs are needed for the diferent manuvers  

Help me pls  

Udie

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Rudder training
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2000, 05:32:00 PM »
I got pro pedals, they were the biggest help to my gunnery in WB's and now AH that i have had. Well.... Actually for the past 2 weeks I have flown W/O tracers and that has been good for my gunnery.

Not sure what you are after Udie, your ACM skills are what folks look to achieve. The pedals just have to be grown into. Once you get used to them its like A..B..C.. However, would be glad to go in the TA and do some slips and rolls with ya, I'll provide the target, you provide the bullets.

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Rudder training
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2000, 05:45:00 PM »
Your one of the the best stick and rudder guys I've seen in AH...or anywhere. You cant make a 190 like you do without em. I went from CH pedals to the X36 "toggle" to USB Propedals. The Propedals should be a tad smoother than the analog CHpedals since spikes are gone. I'd play with your dead bands and sliders a bit. I wont be back on line till Jan probably, but I flew 30 min offline the otherday working on gunnery a bit. I noticed that the USB's seem to require a finer touch...I'm fooling with same thing myself. In 1.04 my nose bounce went way up again.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Rudder training
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2000, 06:59:00 PM »
Udie,
I'll be glad to help you with your pedal "adjustment" if you wish. I will be in the Training arena later this evening or if you wish, just e-mail me at lmluper@ev1.net and we can set up a time.

------------------
MarkAT

"It is not the critic who counts,
it is the man in the arena..."
Teddy Roosevelt
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!