Author Topic: Autopilot  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Autopilot
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2005, 01:06:19 AM »
I don't consider myself being used a puppet, toad.  He didn't ask me to say anything and he hasn't checked the boards in a few days.  When I ran into him tonight I asked for a few minutes on a private channel and that was the first thing I asked.

That's really it.  He said more which I'm sure would greatly aid your search but I won't be the one to give out the information.

I did a little research on my own, and Straiga's name doesn't show up on the patents.  I know his real name, again more personal info I can't say I'm at liberty to distribute.  From what I gather those names of his partners and that's all I know.

I'm doing this for myself now, if I can save a few bucks a month paying for Aces High I'll do it.

You could also do what I did.  If you want the info, why don't you contact him directly and privately rather than trying to publicly humiliate him on an open forum BBs.  I bet you two would agree on more than you disagree.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Autopilot
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2005, 01:37:03 AM »
How can I possibly publicly humiliate him if what he says is true?

Beyond that, as I said, a person making those kind of claims on the AH BBS should expect to be asked about them. You put yourself out as an expert Mustang driver on this game's BBS and you don't expect to be asked about it?

I think there's far more than just myself that are interested in his bona fides.

He made the claim publicly; let him back it up publicly.

If you're that hard up for AH money, I'll give ya a month. Gratis. Has nothing to do with his ratings.

I just want to know which Mustang and what time period.

Which Tomcat squadron, what boat, what cruise, roughly when.

Pretty simple.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Autopilot
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2005, 02:25:47 AM »
Do you really think your going to get it Toad?

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Autopilot
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2005, 03:16:16 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
How can I possibly publicly humiliate him if what he says is true?

Beyond that, as I said, a person making those kind of claims on the AH BBS should expect to be asked about them. You put yourself out as an expert Mustang driver on this game's BBS and you don't expect to be asked about it?

I think there's far more than just myself that are interested in his bona fides.

He made the claim publicly; let him back it up publicly.

If you're that hard up for AH money, I'll give ya a month. Gratis. Has nothing to do with his ratings.

I just want to know which Mustang and what time period.

Which Tomcat squadron, what boat, what cruise, roughly when.

Pretty simple.

Fair enough.  I ask though, would it be acceptable to you if this was settled on private terms so then you would be able to report back here whether or not you are either satisfied or dissatisfied with what you have heard?  I trust you'd give your word not to post in the open any information you recieve and instead say either "True" or "Fase" regarding the statements.

I'd appreciate an email here regardless.  Thanks.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Autopilot
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2005, 03:58:20 AM »
Let me translate this for Toad..

"Email me directly. We will make a private deal to keep you quit and stop persuing my clients boasts publicly". ;)

Toad is a patient guy. But the whole community is waiting on the N number. Such a simple request from someone that had so much to bluster. I know I'm not the only one following this thread.

Your spindoctor talents are admirable Golfer, defending an online friend is a noble gesture. But don't take the community for fools, your're not pulling the wool over anyones eyes. He's in the game playing daily, and we all know he lurks this bbs/thread. His bluff was called, simple as that. He answers a simple question and he'll get an apoligize.. game over.

*poof*

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Autopilot
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2005, 10:28:51 AM »
Oh man.. somebody run down to Hell and make sure it is still OK... I actually agree with something Sunking wrote....

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Autopilot
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2005, 10:29:51 AM »
I want his last name, thats all.

That way I can confirm whether the Daddy is a general, and whether he flew f-14's

His silence is providing more answers than he ever could.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Autopilot
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2005, 10:35:08 AM »
Here's a deal for you Golfer.

photoshop does wonders. I want his last name, that way it could be independantly verified by HTC (If they agree) that indeed that is correct. They should be able to verify that info unless of course his father pays for the game too.

If he is indeed correct, I will apologise and reimburse the both of you for 1 mos. AH service.

Your raise is called.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Autopilot
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2005, 11:06:26 AM »
Originally posted by Golfer
 Fair enough.  I ask though, would it be acceptable to you if this was settled on private terms so then you would be able to report back here whether or not you are either satisfied or dissatisfied with what you have heard?
[/b]

No.

He made the public statements about his Mustang time and his father the USAF general. I submit to you that there are people in both communities that are offended when folks claim to be "members of the club" as it were but are really just making it up.

Same with his bio statments about F-14 experience. There's folks in that community that examine claims like too. They take what they accomplished pretty seriously.

I think it's quite interesting that Straiga has disappeared from the discussion but that you are such a dedicated defense attorney.

Hey... it's electronic ink. He wasn't a bit bashful in his AH comments and his statements of his expertise.

He can't come back into a thread and just tell us which Mustang and where/when he flew F-14's?

I trust you'd give your word not to post in the open any information you recieve and instead say either "True" or "Fase" regarding the statements.

I'd appreciate an email here regardless.  Thanks.

Absolutely not. As I said, I was not the one that made these public claims.

I merely called him on them. And he.......... just disappeared.

As one who had DIRECT dealings with Voss and Doom over the flight game scandal, I can't tell you how "deja vu" this all makes me feel.

Look Golfer... for ANYONE with that kind of Mustang time, the N-number/nose art question is no thing. No thing at all. 99.9% of all Mustang drivers can't wait to tell you about their bird.  Guess who the .1 is?

No, this thing was public from the very first

I wish you guys could fly the real P-51D, I have, and my experiences flying it is what im telling you about.
Straiga

and he's the one that made it that way.

I don't know what I'd say to you in an E-mail. My questions are directed at Straiga.

If you have something you feel you must say to me in private... that can't stand the light of day on this BBS where Straiga made all his claims... contact me at:

WhatMustandDidStraigaFlyremovethis@hotmail.com

Remove the "removethis" from that address obviously. LOL! I misspelled Mustang! Oh well.. it'll work.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 11:59:18 AM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Autopilot
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2005, 11:19:49 AM »
Go here.  Point out which Mustang:

http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51/survivors/p51listD5.shtml

And if Dad was an AF General, what's this guy doing in the Navy? :)

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Autopilot
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2005, 11:23:24 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35

And if Dad was an AF General, what's this guy doing in the Navy? :)

This rings true to me.

What father doesn't want a better life for his son?

-Sik

Go Navy :p
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Autopilot
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2005, 11:35:46 AM »
I'm still just saying that he hasn't had a chance to reply in this thread to give you the answer you're accusing him of not having.

That simple statement is nothing but grade "A" premium bovine excrement. He has had ample time and oportunity to respond. He knows how to do it as it takes exactly the same "skills" it took to make all his posts on this BBS.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Autopilot
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2005, 11:37:49 AM »
I wouldn't say I'm swallowing anything hook, line & sinker.  I'm not jumping up and down proclaiming victory as a triumphant winner of a BBs witch hunt without giving the guy a chance.

As I mentioned before, he seemed knowledgeable enough in the systems info I asked about the P-51 and nothing in the time I've known em in the game has made me suspect him of being a fraud, fake, phony or con artist.

I do know a thing or two about guys wanting to protect some form of anonymity and I personally think it's hardly an appropriate question to ask someone to supply information about an airplane they do not own without consent of the [former] owner, whether or not it's your father.

He may be over exuberant at times, but knowing him for a while I'm not going to just about-face and shout burn em at the stake while waving a pitchfork.

Golfer, for many of us back in the Airwarrior days we had a guy named KenJr, whose Dad was a 60 mission B17 pilot with the 91st Bomb Group.  Dad also owned a B17.  KenJr talked about it often and often used it to back up his discussions of flight models etc.

When I first heard it I started asking him about it.  Aviation history has been a long time passion.  Hunting info on bomber crews is something I do for a hobby.  Since I had 91st BG contacts I figured it would be easy to find out more.

Ken never responded and did just what Straiga is doing now.  When I saw the photo he posted of the Evergreen B17 I knew he was a fraud.  His Dad's name never showed up in any 91st BG history and 60 mission B17 drivers can be named on one hand.

When I called him out, he remained silent while others who knew him via the internet, leaped to his defense.  I nearly had my head taken off for having the gall to accuse him of lying.

Problem was I was right.

Needless to say folks get a little excited when a guy claims to have 500 hours in 51s.  Straiga threw it out there to support claims about how a 51 flies.   He threw out that Dad was an AF General retired that owns a 51.

So folks jumped on that wanting to hear more.  Most of us would love to be in that position.  When he got quiet after bringing up the subject to begin with, for some of us the old "KenJr" feeling starts to creep back in.

Since surviving 51s are very well known, along with their owners, Straiga can ease those fears by sharing the wealth.

Which 51 is Dads?

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Autopilot
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2005, 11:39:28 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Dude... he had to change his last name to fly F-16s for the CIA.  

God you people are ignorant!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :aok  Good point! :rofl
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Autopilot
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2005, 11:43:03 AM »
Guppy.

Originally posted by Straiga
I have over 500 hours in the P-51D. I dont remember who gave me my LOA but he was some fed out of california. I dont remember half the feds who gave me a liscence.

My dads and his partner sold the airplane in Apr 2004. At this time I dont have the correct serial # but I will get them for you. The airplane was brought over from europe in around 96 or 97.

Straiga

Apparently the airplane has been sold to someone else.

If a bit more information is not forthcoming, I may see if I can track it through the sale/Europe info.

There can't be all that many Mustangs that sold in April 2004 which were imported in '96 or '97.