Author Topic: placing tiles  (Read 381 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
placing tiles
« on: February 04, 2005, 11:16:55 AM »
is there any way to place tiles in a just a particlular section of a grid section? like say in a 1/4 or 3rd or 2 3rds?

say have part of a grid ( a grid has 9 vertices) to where it contains both land and water, or do you got to make your own custom tiles to do this?

you can set your alt different for each vertice so you should be able to seperate a specific grid to have both water and land?

if this is possible with the basic tiles I am unable to figure it out

help please

btw who made the new indilses map and what prggy did you use?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
placing tiles
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 11:25:19 AM »
No on tile type , Yes on tile sub type.

HiTech

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
placing tiles
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 11:27:52 AM »
What you want to do can't be done except with custom tiles and alphas or maybe a 3D object. I'm not sure with the object part of this yet.

And even then, the water shown on your tile will still be able to be driven over by a GV because it will be recognized by AH as terra-firma.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.