Author Topic: Buffs dont show kills?  (Read 506 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Buffs dont show kills?
« on: February 04, 2005, 11:58:30 AM »
Upped an A20 last night defending a base, scored two kills (with heavy damage) and managed to belly flop onto a runway.  It gave me a kill's landed message, but in the score screen it shows 1 flight, 1 landed 0 kills.  

I really could care less about the score or points or whatever.  But I do like to keep track of kills and hit% to see if my gunnery is improving or not.  Is this a bug, or do kills in buffs no longer count?

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 04:59:45 PM »
You know, I'll watch for this when I fly tonight.

A couple evenings ago, I shot a few down and got credit.  But two evenings ago, since the latest patch, I pinged up a 109 real good who bailed out and no kill awarded.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 08:30:27 PM »
Was it scored as an attack or bomber sortie?  I don't think attack air to air kills register in the scores.

Your stats show two A20 kills. :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Trippy

• Zinc Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 11:47:21 AM »
actaully, i have had a couple of times where i shot down a plane, and got no kill recorded.   also, my first flight this tour, shot down a couple, got the kills, but saw no hit sprites-though clearly hit plane.  checked my hit percentage and it was 0%.  this things seem to happen from time to time, not sure why though.

*then again, maybe sprites below nose and some kind of lag posting hit%

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 04:24:08 PM »
Checked again this tour, took up an A20 and after dumping my bombs I stayed to help play CAP while the goons came in.  Shot down 2 La-7's before I was running low on gas and almost out of ammo.  Made it back to base, landed, gave me the 2 kills landed message.  Still show no Kills in the Bomber score.  Previous tour I didnt show a kill until I had shot down 3 or 4 planes ( I noticed it after landing my second 2 kill run in the A20, dont know if it took 3 or 4 kills to make the 1 appear).  So whats the deal, if I shoot down a fighter I get 1/3 or 1/4 of a kill?  And when I kill enough of them, it gives me 1?  Must be the "new math" huh?  lol

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 04:57:46 PM »
SoA Did you kill 1 GV. I realy would like a better explaination of how score is tallyed but it does seem to change from time to time. Someone told me they thought gun pos kills in bombers  went to gun catigory but you would at least expect pilot seat kills to go to the pilot.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline psob2

• Zinc Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 05:54:15 PM »
think the way it works is if you up as a bomber, only air to air kills show in score.

if you up as attack, air to air and ground vehicle kills will show on score in attack column
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 06:00:28 PM by psob2 »
psob2, psob3, now BTPsob2

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 06:23:37 PM »
Killing a gv in a bomber or in fighter mode is not registered anywhere. Only gv's or aircraft in attack mode receive credit for gv kills.

Kills in bombers don't update to the ingame score immediately. They are located in the scores page and seem to update to the ingame score the next time you log in.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 11:20:27 PM »
Mine dont update at all.  I'm only talking about air to air kills, from the pilot's seat, not a gunner position.  You are confusing two different issues.  A bomber is a bomber.  Fighters can be scored (if they can carry ordnance) as either Fighter or Attack.  While some bombers like the A20 CAN be scored as "Attack", I see no purpose for a separate scoring system here, it totally confuses the issue.  In fighters it makes sense enough, because if you blow up buildings or take out gun emplacements, you at least get credit of a sort with using the Attack mode for scoring.  I dont see the difference between "Bomber" and "Attack".  However, if they are going to have a separate "Bomber" category, and are going to have "kills" as a part of that category, it should work.  

(NOTE:  This may be where the problem lies, I dont know where buff gunners "kills" are scored, perhaps even if you are the pilot it scores them where it would for a gunner?  But the kill message on landing doesnt say I landed kills as a gunner/observer, it says I landed kills in an A20G.  But then I suppose it would do the same if I had jumped to a gunner position and then back to the pilots seat and landed.  But if that is the case, then why did it show any kills at all in this area for me last tour, even if the number didnt match my total kills in that plane, and in that position?)

Right now for this tour, I should have 2 kills in my bomber scores.  Thats the only air to air kills I have scored this tour in a bomber.  Rather easy to keep track since I never gun for other people's buffs and I only fly the A20 if I want a "Bomber."  If I want an "attack" plane, I fly the F4U-1D as a dive bomber.  I understand the difference between switching back and forth from fighter to attack for scoring purposes.  Its the bombers I am having a problem with.  If I manage to get another kill in an A20 I'll auger and see if the next day it updates to 1 kill or not, and keep doing it until the 1 registers.  Then I'll know for sure how many kills it takes to get 1 to show.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 12:55:52 AM by StarOfAfrica2 »

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »
Just to answer the unrelated question, if you're in a bomber by yourself and use the gunner position to down a plane, the kill is recorded. If you are "joined" to another person and down a plane, it goes to the Gunner-Observer score, which goes to the same place Gun Ship or Fiel scores go; down the toilet. Also, the pilot of the bomber that has a "joined" person does not record their kill.

By the way, why am I the only Coral Sea IJN person here? Oi...
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 02:33:32 AM »
SoA2, did you fly as bomber sortie or as attack sortie, i dont see you mention that anywhere.

Other than that it might be that in a bomber kills are only scored if you make them in gunnery position, maybe kill made fireing from pilot seat dont count?

I think there is a valid option for attack category, in that killing planes in a bomber using acm should not count as kills.... as well as dropping bombs with a fighter (as fighter sortie) doesnt count for anything.

Also, a question, do perk points that you get when flying in attack category go to fighter perks and in bomber cat to bomber perks?

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 11:26:55 AM »
I thought it was clear enough but I guess not.  I dont use the attack category unless I'm in a fighter.  Period.  I dont have any kills in a bomber from a gunner's seat.  All from pilot's seat.  

I'm not questioning where my perk points go, but I can guarantee they go where they are supposed to go in scoring.  If I fly a bomber, I get bomber perks.  If I fly as a fighter, I get fighter perks.  Where the "Attack" perks go I have no idea, from what I can tell you dont get any perks for attack scores.  Or if you do they dont get added to anything.  However, I'm not concerned with that.  It might be an issue for some of you to bring up as I know there are people who DO like to have their perks.  All I am concerned with at this time is recording kills and my hit% properly, and in the proper categories.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 07:50:53 PM »
Here's what the help file says (when all else fails, RTFM)

We have ten base categories that are scored at the end of each sortie depending upon your mission type.  Only air categories are scored for fighter mission types, ground categories only for bomber mission types, and both air and ground are scored for attack, vehicle, boat and field gunner mission types.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
Buffs dont show kills?
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2005, 04:13:03 PM »
Very well put Hub.  Just an added note. Killing anyone (GV or Plane) in Bomber Mode does absolutely Nothing for your score.

Bomber Rank has 5 categories.

Damage to Deaths +1
Damage per Sorties
Hit Percentage
Actual Points for what you've Destroyed
and Field Captures

Looking back at that list now, I have to retract slightly and say Killing someone in bomber mode may give you a few points (and some sense of self worth) but overall their is very little benefit to your score. As Hub Stated, for your benefit use Attack Mode to Kill other players.
In Bomber mode your better off to use your bullets and bombs on Objects (Hangers, Town Buildings, Ect.)

Later, SHawk
(Score potato Extraordinaire):D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.