Author Topic: Bombers  (Read 825 times)

Hande1

Bombers
« on: November 15, 2000, 08:12:00 PM »
Can you have more than one player in a bomber? i.e. one pilot and one gunner.

thanks

Richard

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Bombers
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2000, 08:28:00 PM »
Yes  
If you want to let someone gun for you all they have to do is bring up the radio buffer with
/
then type
.join <handle>    <--- substitute the handle wanted here

voila they are in.
NOTE: Only the gunner can gun. The pilot is the bomber.  Also they cannot unjoin until the plane is on the ground and the pilot is in the tower.  To unjoin get the radio buffer up
/
then
.unjoin <handle>

voila solo pilots again  
NOTE 2:  All commands HAVE to have the dot (.) in front of them! ;p

S!
Rocket
Aces High Training Corp.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Bombers
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 04:38:12 PM »
Sorry to make stupid questions in old topic, but didn't want to start new one.

So, the question is: Is there a way to make gunners to shoot? I've noticed not one single gunner shoots when con approaches. Same thing w/ tail gunners of Bf110 and Me410. If I don't jump into a gunner position, nothing happens and in a middle of a bomb run, I'm either sitting duck or cannot aim bombs.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 05:12:37 PM »
Sorry to make stupid questions in old topic, but didn't want to start new one.

So, the question is: Is there a way to make gunners to shoot? I've noticed not one single gunner shoots when con approaches. Same thing w/ tail gunners of Bf110 and Me410. If I don't jump into a gunner position, nothing happens and in a middle of a bomb run, I'm either sitting duck or cannot aim bombs.

Guns only shoot if they are manned. So either you must man them, or one other player could join your formation and gun for you.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 06:28:47 PM »
And the .showjoin command controls whether you get the join request as a popup or in the text buffer.
It’s good etiquette to ask before you join someone as the popup can be intrusive and distracting.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 08:31:34 AM »
Those join requests appear straight overhead if you are in VR and are easily missed or delayed imo

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals