Author Topic: IL2 Kills  (Read 278 times)

Offline SkyLab

• Copper Member
IL2 Kills
« on: February 15, 2005, 03:44:45 PM »
The other night I was killing GV's in an IL2. I scored the flight as a "bomber" and managed to kill 5 of the little bugs.
The next day while I am at work I go here to check my scores:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/cgi-bin/105score/105score.pl

Not one of my kills as a bomber showed up.

However when I looked at my scores while in the game the kills were there.
Anyone else have the same experience?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
IL2 Kills
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 04:36:51 PM »
If you flew the sortie as a "bomber" then you HAVE to drop bombs to make it count. Sounds like you were ripping them apart with the guns ... which would explain what you see.

If you want to score with guns, on GVs, then you have to score the sortie as "attack". Can't remember now, but I am not sure if you can score an "attack" sortie with bombers ... probably not.

Now if the IL-2 can fly the sortie as "attack" then maybe thats what you chose and were just confused.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 04:39:40 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SkyLab

• Copper Member
IL2 Kills
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 06:34:25 PM »
Your right SlapShot, I killed them all with cannons. No ord. at the field...which was why i picked an IL2.

Seems strange that you don't get credit for a gun kill.
Its much easier and safer to kill a GV with a bomb.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
IL2 Kills
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 07:09:07 PM »
GV kills are only scored in, regards to rank, if you are in 'attack' mode. They are not counted, in regards to rank, in 'Bomber' or 'Fighter' mode

Even if you kill aircraft in a bomber those kills are not factored into your 'bomber' or 'overall' rank even though those kills are recorded.

Bombers are for bombing not killing vehicles or planes.

These are the only factor that are used to determin 'bomber' rank:

Ground Categories

* Damage per Death = TotalDamage / ((Discos * 0.5) + Bails + Captures + Deaths + 1)

* Damage per Sortie = TotalDamage / TotalTourSorties

* Bombing percentage = (TotalTourBomb**** + TotalTourRocket**** + TotalTourTorpedo****) /
      (TotalTourBombsUsed + TotalTourRocketsUsed + TotalTourTorpedosUsed)

* Ground points =      (DamagePointsScoredOnObjectsTh isSortie * DeathMult) +
TotalTourDamagePointsScoredOn Objects +
DestroyedPointsScoredOnObject sThisSortie * DeathMult) +  TotalTourDestroyedPointsScore dOnObjects

* Field captures = FieldCapturesThisSortie + TotalTourFieldCaptures

See the first column second row:

The 'game kills' you refer to will include those kills but they have nothing to with   'rank'. The page you linked to is 'rank scoring'.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 07:11:47 PM by Wotan »

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
IL2 Kills
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 09:05:15 PM »
Have HTC ever indicated whether they are going to scrap the scoring categories and just go to a combined all hits, all kills type score?

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
IL2 Kills
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 01:01:35 AM »
Why would he? The scoring system he has set up was/is based on user requests. Some people like to track their individual sorties types.

Scores don't mean anything and are just a tool to track individual progression. If you only care about total kill count, regardless of category, then all that information is there as well. It's just those totals aren't compiled in regards to ranking.