Author Topic: question about rocket and torpedo  (Read 454 times)

Offline herryson

• Zinc Member
question about rocket and torpedo
« on: March 03, 2001, 12:24:00 AM »
I am practicing rocket and torpedo,
but I don't know how to aim.

I want to  know fire range, angle, altitude of each.

Every time I launch rocjet, they are short.
It's same to torpedo.All miss....T_T

And How can I know distance to ground target?

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2001, 01:04:00 AM »
Short rockets, yep that happens to me all the time. All you have to do is aim long and try again, or find a gun sight that works. Several people here have posted gun sights that have a rocket aiming aid. They're a trick to learn, but once you get it down you can hit an ack from 5k in a dive.

Torpedoes are something I stay away from, just because I don't like the idea of turning a perfectly good Ju-88 into a pin cushion. With torps you really have to lead a target if you're dropping from broad-side. I think Duma posted a film of the proper approach and drop point. I don't know where it is though.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta 6's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb

nonoht

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2001, 05:14:00 AM »
for JU88 my best move (with best result) is to do an HO with ship if the ship don't turn he'll be sunk  (sunk even if he turns too late)

JU88 torps  work below 200Mph at 200 feet

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2001, 10:04:00 AM »
Rockets are easy to hit with.  I like them for taking out acks safely from long range.  Approach the target in a high speed 45°  wings level dive.  Put the crosshairs 2 or 3 degrees above the target (some sights have a dot below the main crosshairs for this purpose) and fire off a rocket or two.

Firing rockets at slow speed in level flight, pointing crosshairs right at target usually results in short rounds.
--
Sancho
http://www.jump.net/~cs3" TARGET=_blank>63rd FS, 56th FG
"Zemke's Wolfpack"

Developing among your pilots an aggressive spirit and a desire to fight and destroy the enemy will go a long way toward making a successful fighter outfit.--Gerald W. Johnson

Lepton

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2001, 04:12:00 PM »
One quick note, the rockets actually travel further than the smoke trail indicates. Apparently the rocket burns out at about 1000 yds, but the warhead is effective out to 1500 or so.