Author Topic: Question regarding spawn points  (Read 470 times)

Beltfedd

Question regarding spawn points
« on: March 05, 2001, 04:04:00 PM »
Last night I joined my 1st mission as a panzer helping to do a raid on a field.  Once the mission started, we were already within 5 miles of the enemy airfield.  I started at the same time as everyone else, so it's not like the group got ahead of me and I joined late.  Any idea how the mission planner accomplished this?  Would be great to not have to drive all the way from one base to other just to get off a few tank rounds before I get waxed   .

On a similiar note, later on I was engaging an M-16 with a panzer near a friendly base.  Imagine my surprise when everytime I killed him he just spawned right back near the base.  Again, how is this possible?  I only can seem to get vehicles to spawn at a friendly base.

Thanks for any help!

Belt

[This message has been edited by Beltfedd (edited 03-05-2001).]

Beltfedd

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2001, 05:00:00 PM »
I re-read my post and it seemed a little wordy/confusing.  What I am asking:  It appears that you can get your own friendly GVs to spawn near an enemy base.  How can I do this?

Thanks,

Belt

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2001, 05:23:00 PM »
If you select a ground vehicle in your hangar you will in the lower left corner of the clipboard see "Fly" and then a black square. In the center of this square is a button labeled "H". Pushing this button will start your vehicle at the base.
At some bases there are other buttons, some of the marked "S" (south), "E" (east), etc, or just blanks (instead of SE for instance). Pressing these will make you spawn in that direction, always towards another base close to the one you are at. Look at the map and compare the spawn options. It's mostly obvious what field each button corresponds to.

PS: If you are a plane the buttons are which direction you wish to be facing at the field you are at when you start.
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2001, 05:23:00 PM »
Beltfedd,

The veh hangers have multiple spawn points at some fields. When you look at the buttons to spawn you see one marked with an H. That is the hanger spawn point. Any other buttons surrounding the "H" spawn you a distance away from your base in the direction of the button. In other words you have the H and a button to the upper right of it. If you push the upper right button it will spawn you to the North East of your hanger. This is likely to be in the direction of an enemy base as well so you can spawn and fight much faster than having to spend an hour driving to a base only 20 miles away. It is a concession to game play in AH.

Hope this answered your question.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Beltfedd

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2001, 12:14:00 AM »
Ah, never thought to try the other buttons, I assumed they would just put me somewhere else on the field.

Thanks guys!

Belt